TravelTalkOnline

Lucky shopping centre

Posted By: CanadianCutie

Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 01:10 AM

Just wondering if anyone has been to the Lucky shopping centre and if it is worth going to. I love going to different grocery stores and shops when we travel and just wondered how it compares to the Carrefor and Super U stores.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 01:29 AM

We stopped by there on this visit, half the mall is a grocery store and the other half is clothing and electronics and cosmetics. We didn't buy anything.
Posted By: CharlieAndElaine

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 12:04 PM

We were there in August. Large grocery store which was well stocked and had some things that we hadn’t seen in Carrefour or Super U. Shelves were very neat and full. Remainder of mall is clothing, electronics and cosmetics. The cosmetic store is one of the largest on the island. Upstairs is going to be a food court although it was still under construction when we were there. I think it is definitely worth stopping by.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 12:21 PM

Where is this located?
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 01:03 PM

It's across the street from the hospital
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 01:51 PM

Georgia--I was going to ask that question also. I remember reading about it when it first opened, but didn't remember the location. Thanks for the answer, Whale Tail. That's not an area we normally go to on island, but we might go by next time, just to check it out.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 02:08 PM

We were not really impressed when we visited a couple of months back. Had a bigger "beauty aids" section than other groceries, but nowhere close to the Beautylicious stores and some other beauty outlets. Little shops pretending to be bed and body works, Victoria's Secret etc
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 05:25 PM

I drove by several times on my recent visit. There weren't ever very many cars in the lot. I didn't realize it carried groceries; I thought it was all higher-end stores.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 06:08 PM

Linda, we discovered that the entrance and large parking area is not at the front so you may not have seen lots of cars if you just passed by. And maybe not.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Lucky shopping centre - 12/17/2022 09:12 PM

Good to know.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline