TravelTalkOnline

6 person SUV Rental

Posted By: megamania

6 person SUV Rental - 12/18/2022 02:52 PM

Hello all.
Well, we found flights, so SXM here we come.
I know there are several car rental companies in SXM, but I have a specific question. Has anyone been able to rent a SUV similar size to Honda Pilot which would comfortably transport 6 people? I know there are vans avail, but an SUV is just nicer to get around in. Doesnt have to be a Pilot, but an SUV with the 3rd row of seats would be good, otherwise we go with a van.
Thanks in advance for any leads
Posted By: NumberCruncher

Re: 6 person SUV Rental - 12/18/2022 03:32 PM

Parking can be a problem. A wide SUV is harder to park than is a narrow SUV.
Posted By: mort

Re: 6 person SUV Rental - 12/18/2022 03:44 PM

Try Leisure Car Rental
Posted By: bethandsteve

Re: 6 person SUV Rental - 12/18/2022 04:49 PM

we rented a full-size explorer from them. Have had a great experience with them.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: 6 person SUV Rental - 12/18/2022 07:07 PM

If we are having family or guests staying with us, we often rent a Hyundai Sante Fe from Discount Car Rental St Martin. It can be configured as either a 5-passenger or 7-passenger SUV. Claude is great to work with and ALL insurance is included in the quote.

https://discount-car-rental-st-martin.com/
Posted By: BenP

Re: 6 person SUV Rental - 12/19/2022 12:01 PM

We rented a Toyota 4 Runner from Hertz for our family at the end of November. I’ll warn you now the pricing was extreme but consistent across other rental companies. We paid $768.40 for one week inclusive of liability insurance. I could have rented two cars for the week for less money but the logistics didn’t make sense. The vehicle was a 2015 model with 3 rows, clean, well maintained, low mileage and very comfortable for 6 adults. It was also the first time we had gone to Friars Bay after a heavy rain that I didn’t worry about the deep water filled potholes……little wins.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: 6 person SUV Rental - 12/19/2022 01:02 PM

I'm more than sure you will find what you are looking for with SAX rental company! IMHO, the best service on the island with great prices!!! https://www.saxcarrental.com/

Attached picture David SAX 1022.jpg
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: 6 person SUV Rental - 12/19/2022 02:02 PM

I hate to bring this up, BUT 5 people in a / 7 pax mid sized suv would be jam packed full with luggage/ carry ons. No room for 6th. . A van would allow more room and comfort when traveling aroun( dodge caravan, Toyota 8 pax van best. Ma t agencies offer them. Best wishes
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline