TravelTalkOnline

quick trip report

Posted By: lucca44

quick trip report - 12/26/2022 01:56 PM

just back from a cpl weeks at Royal Islander--where we owned for many years-----nice time ---high lights------Sublime--masterful osso bucco-----superb lobster in puff pastry-----La RosaTwo----always a good visit---Moulin Foo----ditto-----------Tortuga---pleasant staff---good food------Three Amigos---killer nachos-----------Driftwood----best calamari in years---so good had to duke the cook 20 bux---weather good ---sea very rough --AAA car rental --on the ball as always ----Club o----state of devestation tough to see---i doubt if it will EVER be re-built ---more likely a sale of the property--imho------all in all a nice trip------some things maybe better left unsaid--as to not ruffle any feathers----torn between sxm and aruba----not a bad place to be .
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: quick trip report - 12/26/2022 03:21 PM

lucca--seems like you a person of few words! laugh Nice report.

Would be interested to hear what you didn't want to 'ruffle feathers' with. We're all adults here--most of the time! grin
Posted By: jeepers

Re: quick trip report - 12/27/2022 10:15 PM

Well mostly except maybe if one of our favourite places is criticized. 😁😘

Re: quick trip report - 12/28/2022 02:12 AM

as a veteran of well over fifty years in the restaurant bizness--it takes ALOT for me to be critical of a dining establishment--unless it is a blatant misstep---its impossible to satisfy everyone who walks in the door, and there are variables at play every day in every operation that have an effect on the overall experience. as for ''feathers being ruffled''--i will remain in a state of ''omerta'' --nothing to be gained --or lost --by opinionating .
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: quick trip report - 12/28/2022 02:33 AM

OK.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: quick trip report - 12/29/2022 08:21 AM

I like that!! Right to the point!!! Yeah, Driftwood, my go to place for quick bites and IMHO the best Rum punch on the island! The ladies work really hard there!! BTW I bought a couple of cigars there for my cousin and he said they were pretty good!! Thanks for the report! No photos???

Re: quick trip report - 12/29/2022 11:38 AM

i tend to be a minimalist--no cell phone --ergo --no photos
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline