TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report part 6

Posted By: cruzer

Trip Report part 6 - 12/31/2022 12:11 PM

Seventeen days down, twelve to go, and loving every minute of it.

The past 4 days have been a real taste treat for me. We finally made the LoLos, eating lunch at Talk of the Town. It continues to amaze me that they can serve 11 ribs—almost a full rack—for $8 (ala carte). I also had a stuffed crab back, as did Mrs. Cruzer, accompanied by crispy accras and a couple of Ti Punches and a large bottle of flat water, Total pre tip--$32! Plus, there’s a “family” of cats that hang out across the street that I share my ribs with as well as some kibble we always take to town for our feline friends who have eluded my camera so far.

I’ve also developed a new appreciation for Sunset Café. Just the location on Petite Plage overlooking Creole Rock and the bay, with Anguilla in the background makes it worthwhile. For now, they have streamlined their menu, but have more dishes that appeal to me than before. It’s great for when we want a nice dinner and don’t want to walk more than 50 yards to eat it. I ordered their Wahoo Trilogy—smoked, tartar and ceviche style. The restaurant smokes their own wahoo, which I pronounce excellent. Mrs. C had the lobster bisque which seemed smoother than most others.

We completed our Marigot lunch rotation with a stop at Le Bistro Nu having already visited Tropicana and Be Kool. Three resident cats kept us company, politely enjoying the kibble we offered them. Had a snail appetizer, duck confit, Asian style (primarily because of toasted sesame oil) tuna tartar, topped off with the obligatory crème brulee.

Last night’s meal at Nice proved to be a very pleasant, very flavorful surprise. Duck confit lasagna with porcinis. This was one of those dishes I scratch my head when I see on the menu, figure what the heck I’ll order it. A real flavor bomb, and they didn’t forget the cheese. We also shared an order of beef carpaccio. Not being hungry, I still looked at the dessert menu and Bananas Flambe jumped out. Fondly recalling Bananas Foster at Brennans, we decide to split one, wondering if they flambe it tableside. A few minutes later, a flame whooshed up over the chef’s head in the kitchen, so we had our answer. Since she wasn’t phased in the least, we figured that’s how it’s made. I didn’t take a picture, as the finished product, while delicious, isn’t very photogenic (neither was the lasagna, but I took a picture of it anyway).

Attached picture IMG_0926.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0915.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0910.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0909.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0957.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0955.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0952.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0945.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0944.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0943.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0950.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0921.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0920.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report part 6 - 12/31/2022 01:52 PM

Thanks for another wonderful report. I seem to recall that Bistrot Caribe has a wonderful lobster bisque also, if you haven't tried that. We've never eaten at Sunset Cafe. Always seemed like too much trouble to be able to get there, find someplace to park and walk in, etc. Carry on!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Trip Report part 6 - 12/31/2022 04:19 PM

That Duck confit lasagna sounded interesting.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Trip Report part 6 - 12/31/2022 09:34 PM

Yummm! Nice pictures and very nice report. You have made it to a couple that are still on my list (Be Kool and Nice). I wish it were easier to get to Sunset Cafe for those who aren't staying there. "Marigot lunch rotation" - I like that!
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Trip Report part 6 - 01/01/2023 12:31 AM

Loving your trip reports, and the food. pictures are so yummy looking!

I recognize those cute cats at Le Bistro Nu. We haven't fed them in the past, and might consider doing that on our next visit

Looking forward to your next report and pictures!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Trip Report part 6 - 01/01/2023 01:21 PM

I've always wanted to try Bistro Nu, but have never gotten there. Where do you park?
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Trip Report part 6 - 01/01/2023 03:29 PM

There's a parking lot at the stadium across the street. Park there and the restaurant is around 50-100 yards to the left. At night, the lot and street are fairly well lit, with a decent amount of traffic, so we have no problem eating there at night
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline