TravelTalkOnline

Live Music

Posted By: murphycpcu

Live Music - 01/30/2023 02:29 PM

Probably been asked here before is there something that lists who, when and where live music is being played?
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 02:58 PM

There are a number of different sources, the link below will take you to a decent source.

Daily listing of music on SXM
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 05:05 PM

Perfect Thanks.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 05:17 PM

Sunday at Porto Cupecoy there is life afternoon music. Hole in the Wall in Maho has it evenings, Red Piano in Simpson Bay, and Amsterdam Cafe has it on some nights. Someone else here can give you directions to Amsterdam Cafe which I understand is in Madam Estates.
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 06:52 PM

The information listed is not very accurate. We went to Isola 3 weeks ago to hear Ayan and found that she isn't there any longer.
No mention on the Pub on Monday. It's taken many people away from the Red Piano.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 08:30 PM

Definitely heading to the Pub...have never been on all my trips,,but its on the list for Monday and Wednesday night......found that info on this site.....We used to always go to The Church on Monday nights at Red Piano, but the music changed drastically from what we liked, so really thankful to hear of different spots.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 08:46 PM

It's Rembrandt Cafe in Madame Estates.

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 08:48 PM

Ronnie left Church because they didn't want to do rock and roll. Now the R/P is Rea Gae and Hip Hop. The Pub is rock and roll.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 08:59 PM

Bigdaddy--"Rea Gae"?? Do you mean "reggae"??

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 09:21 PM

Sooo sorry, I don't care how you spell it, it sucks
Posted By: fabila

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 09:50 PM

Sandbar several nights a week live music.
Posted By: WayneB

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 09:56 PM

Fabila, Looking at the location on Sand Bar, is that part of the Sunset Beach bar? Or a different company? Have you been on Thursday for acoustic live, and if so how was it?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Live Music - 01/30/2023 11:04 PM

Music Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Live Music - 01/31/2023 12:13 AM

Bigdaddy--I'm with you that hip hop sucks, but reggae is actually kinda cool, to me. Bob Marley, U-2, etc?? Good stuff..
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: Live Music - 01/31/2023 12:32 AM

Sorry for the hijack, but there several popular songs have a heavy reggae influence. Off the top of my head are these (like a lotta people here, I'm "of a certain age;" most of these songs are from the 70s and 80s):

Hotel California (Eagles)

Walking on the Moon (The Police)

D'yer Mak'er (Led Zeppelin)

Fool in the Rain (Led Zeppelin)

Red Red Wine (UB40)

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic (The Police)

I Shot the Sheriff (Eric Clapton)

Don't Stand So Close to Me (The Police)

The Tide is High (Blondie)

Gonna be hard for anybody to say that they hate all of those tunes... Why Can't we be Friends (War)?

Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Live Music - 01/31/2023 01:05 AM

I think sometimes people don't hear the music behind the lyrics. Lots of reggae in those tunes.

Re: Live Music - 01/31/2023 09:00 PM

Trust me, they don't play any of those songs.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Live Music - 02/01/2023 11:33 AM

Hate to bust your bubble, but some of our best musicians DO play those songs. Every week.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Live Music - 02/01/2023 12:20 PM

This is Mr. FabiLA, Sandbar is in the parking lot behind SSBB where the hotel Morgan is located. We've been there many times day/night. Different nights different bands. Saturday night is "What the funk" ! Really cool Motown band! Good dancing music!!
Posted By: WayneB

Re: Live Music - 02/01/2023 02:12 PM

Thank you for the info, Colour1 !

Re: Live Music - 02/01/2023 09:12 PM

Elaine, you know much more than I do about it but I was referring to the music at the Red Piano. The last time we were there was after Ronnie left because they didn't want to play rock and roll. We stayed one set and I was only familiar with one of the songs that Amin played.

Bob
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Live Music - 02/02/2023 11:06 AM

Sorry, missed the Red Piano part. No idea what goes on there these days.

Re: Live Music - 02/02/2023 04:27 PM

Another very good site listing both Live Music and Events on a daily basis, updated monthly. This is for the island of St Maarten/St Martin. Follow the link below.

**As always, it doesn't hurt to reach out directly, to venues that you want to visit, to make sure the listing is current and accurate. (There are a 100+ listings here, weekly, if a couple have changed that doesn't make the list "not very accurate")

FOCUS - SXM Art & Culture Magazine

Re: Live Music - 02/02/2023 04:33 PM

Ayan can be found at the Yacht Club every Wednesday from 6-8 and at Karakter Beach Bar every Thursday from 7-9.

Description: Response from Ayan with her schedule
Attached picture Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 11.30.16 AM.png
Posted By: Todd

Re: Live Music - 02/12/2023 08:16 PM

Suggestions for a place with rock near Cupecoy / Maho area on a Sunday night? It would be a travel day and we will have been up since before dawn so don't want to travel far from Jordan Village area.

Specifically Sunday March 5th.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline