TravelTalkOnline

Cupecoy

Posted By: SirRichard

Cupecoy - 02/11/2023 11:45 AM

Drove all the way to Cupecoy only to find out the tide was up and the beach unsafe, waves were huge, anyway we had a beer at Danny's shack and went to Grand Case for lunch all in all it was a good day that ended with a massage at Orange Fever.

Attached picture cupe1.jpg
Attached picture cupe2.jpg
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Cupecoy - 02/11/2023 12:00 PM

I haven't been able to go ashore for 3 days here in Grand Case because of the big north swell. As predicted, it finally subsided at around 14:00 yesterday afternoon. It was almost like a switch, from the waves washing all the way up the beach one minute to people laying down their beach towels the next.
The waves were washing over the dinghy dock on Wednesday! Here's a picture just before the swell stopped. Needless to say, I went ashore on wobbly legs as soon as I could. I'd run out of beer.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cupecoy - 02/11/2023 01:45 PM

Glad to hear it's calmed down, and that you were able to replenish essential supplies! smile
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Cupecoy - 02/12/2023 02:56 AM

Long time visitor but for some reason we've not made a trip to cupecoy or Danny's. I think we tried to go once but couldn't figure out where to park the car or where to go. Since everyone raves about the sunsets and rum punch, can someone point us in the right direction with regard to location and parking. Thank you!
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Cupecoy - 02/12/2023 03:10 AM

If heading to Porto Cupecoy, from Maho, the turn to parking is on the left before the traffic circle at Porto Cupecoy. There is a nice sign. Follow link below to Google maps position info and pictures

Danny's - Cupecoy beach
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Cupecoy - 02/12/2023 03:28 AM

Thank you Bdeeley!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline