TravelTalkOnline

Harmony nights Grand Case

Posted By: CharlieAndElaine

Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/13/2023 11:59 AM

Does anyone know for certain if they are having Harmony Nights festivities on Valentine’s Day? We have heard conflicting report saying both yes and no. Haven’t been able to find any documentation either way.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/13/2023 12:22 PM

According to their events website, there are no activities planned for tomorrow night in Grande Case. See image below or follow the posted link.

St Martin - Carnaval agenda

Description: St Martin - Carnaval agenda
Attached picture Screenshot_20230213-071703.png

Description: #2
Attached picture Screenshot_20230213-072358.png
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/13/2023 02:03 PM

bdeeley--The Mardi de Grand Case is not part of Carnaval per se. Info on Mardi de Grand Case is at the below link. It says "every" Tuesday, but I don't really know.

Link

To the original poster, if you're on island, I would suggest you call a restaurant in Grand Case and ask, as they would know for sure.

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/13/2023 02:50 PM

CHill, if you took the time to view the first image posted, it is a calendar of events, covering Les Mardis De Grande Case. It shows the published events/themes that are planned for each Tuesday during Mardis Gras. As anyone can see, there is no theme and the date 2/14 is not even shown on the calendar. In fact it is the only Tuesday not shown on the published calendar. Who knows, maybe they think Valentines is important enough not to change.

I posted the second image about Carnval for info for those currently on the island.

The images and the link I posted are from The Tourist Information Bureau, St Martin. And, its not a Facebook page.

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/13/2023 02:58 PM

Oh, and btw, on the Tourist Bureau site it also "every Tuesday" but they exclude 2/14 from their list of events.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/13/2023 03:30 PM

bdeeley--I did not see the first image when you posted, only the second one. If the first image was there to begin with, I apologize.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/13/2023 05:18 PM

It is also mentioned in today's DH that it will not be held tomorrow night due to Valentine's Day.

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/14/2023 11:25 PM

Thank you, Carol.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/15/2023 12:35 AM

In Grand Case now - no Harmony Night tonight.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/15/2023 02:50 AM

Since we’re on Harmony Nights, Im kicking around the thought of doing this next week but based on another thread last week, it seems like getting there by 4 pm or prior helps regarding parking.

We’ve never spent an entire day up in GC so if we did arrive around 1 pm, what activities could be do where we could just park and spend the day?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/15/2023 03:26 AM

Eat, drink and let sand gravity take hold. 😉

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/15/2023 01:26 PM

I heard the beach there might be hit or miss? So he’s drinking and eating, Any other activities during the day that we could do ay GC awaiting the nights festivities?

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/15/2023 04:15 PM

The beach is huge at Grand Case. While the weather might take away sand and expose rocks in the dock area and along the main street restaurant area, the SW corner always has sand, is Sargassum free and generally empty. Here's a picture I took 10 minutes ago:

[Linked Image]

While it is a distance shot, I can't see more than 10 people on that swath of beach...
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/15/2023 08:24 PM

I've never found the beach nor food to be hit or miss as you posted. Are you confusing Grand Case with another area? Harmony Nights is on the main street.
Many restaurants right on the beach, others across the street. There are a couple of LOLOs cooking outdoors and outside tables. Maybe that's where you heard "hit or miss"?

Many boutiques along the main street and there's TiJon a place where you can make your own perfume or just watch some being made. Check with Grand Case Beach Club web site to see if the watersports center there has options for non guests. They also have good restaurant on their property that is open to the public. It has a great view of Anguilla and a nice beach where they will serve you at chairs which can be rented from them.

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/17/2023 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
According to their events website, there are no activities planned for tomorrow night in Grande Case. See image below or follow the posted link.

St Martin - Carnaval agenda

So just rereading all the responses and it turns out that on Tuesday 21 Feb, there’s Harmony Nights at Grand Case

AND

Mardi Gras Carnival in Marigot. So now I’m debating, maybe Marigot might be a different, more local experience and true Mardi atmosphere?
Edit: the more I read, the less I’m certain.

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/17/2023 12:20 PM

The Marigot celebration is going to a be a lot bigger and better, it is the real Mardi Gras rather than the weekly tourist event.

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/17/2023 07:21 PM

that's what Im thinking....when in Rome. Likely to be less touristy.

Reminds me of a time we were in Paris, 1st week of March, truly off season and we happened to be walking by Notre Dame when a guy came us to us and simply gave us his tickets for a show in the cathedral. Me, being leery of a street scam, I watched our pockets but followed him in, past a line wrapped around the cathedral.

turns out the French National Opera was doing a perfomance inside Notre Dame, which was lit up in only candlelight. It was one of the coolest non-tourist surprises we ever experienced.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/18/2023 09:35 PM

Does anyone know what time they actually close the main drag off to automobiles on Harmony Tuesdays?

Carol: I followed the link you posted earlier in the thread (along with another one) and couldn't find any information on it.

Re: Harmony nights Grand Case - 02/18/2023 10:16 PM

I think I walked the main road last Harmony Night at about 4pm in the afternoon and they'd already closed off the entrance to general traffic and had private security at the barriers.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline