TravelTalkOnline

Question about car rental policy

Posted By: zeus1963

Question about car rental policy - 02/14/2023 11:40 PM

I was checking into a car and was told I need secured enclosed parking. I don’t know if that means a garage or what. Obviously you wouldn’t have that at a beach. Is something happening I’m not aware of on the island?
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/14/2023 11:43 PM

Who is the rental car company? I have rented on the island more than 35 times and never had that requiremtent.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 12:01 AM

New to me. Have never been asked or told that when renting a car on St Maarten or anywhere else for that matter. I would rent from someone else. I use Hertz SXM.

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 12:42 AM

I’ve rented several times in the past. Just an email response from Kenny’s Car Rental. Was just curious if maybe lots of theft or something.

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 01:19 AM

This a new requirement to rent from Kennys? Is that what was in the email response?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 02:33 AM

Hello , this has to be due to your very late request and the only opening was one of our Hyundai I 20 that has to be in a secured parked in the evening period. Thanks.

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kennys
Hello , this has to be due to your very late request and the only opening was one of our Hyundai I 20 that has to be in a secured parked in the evening period. Thanks.

Wow. Never heard of that and I've been renting in St Maartin for over 20 years. Some upgraded with premium new vehicles and never had that requirement.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 11:52 AM

That REALLY limits where you can stay....never heard that before ANYWHERE I have rented a car
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 12:41 PM

Where will you be staying? At Beachside Villas there is a locked gate and you need a code to enter. We always rent from Leslie at Kenny's and never had a problem.

Grand Case Beach Club is another gated location so it shouldn't be a problem there either.

Some places in the Maho area have garage parking.

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 02:56 PM

That would limit where you could drive and park in the evening for dinner too. Look elsewhere.

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 04:40 PM

I’m staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort. Never had an issue there but I was more thinking if I go to Orient Beach or somewhere there is no way to secure a vehicle. Didn’t mean any offense I had just never heard this before and I’ve been coming since 2001

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 04:45 PM

Didn’t mean any offense. Sorry if you took it that way. Just got the option to go on short notice so that is why I requested late. I had just never been told that before. Waiting to see if my wife can get those dates off now.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 06:00 PM

You totally misunderstood what I meant . I simply asked you that where you would be staying must have a secure parking for the car at night before going to bed and not during the day driving around i.e simple common sense. And Oyster Bay Resort has 24 hours security , hence safe parking .

Re: Question about car rental policy - 02/15/2023 06:33 PM

That makes more sense but that wordage "secured enclosed parking" would throw me off too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline