TravelTalkOnline

Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot

Posted By: Carsbigrose

Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot - 02/17/2023 01:59 PM

Hi, I’ll be in Grand Case on Saturday 11th March, & was wondering if anyone knew of a bar that will be showing the England -v- France Six Nations Rugby match, either in Grand Case, or anywhere else on the island?

Cheers for any tips!
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot - 02/17/2023 02:54 PM

Offhand I can't think of any "sports bars" in Grand Case or even a bar with a TV set. As the 6 nations is a big thing for the French, any place with a TV will be showing the game. I'll probably be in Simpson Bay and there are numerous places with TV there who will be showing the game.
Posted By: Billtjw

Re: Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot - 02/19/2023 12:18 PM

Captain Frenchy,s will be showing it , they had the six nations last weekend.

Re: Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot - 02/19/2023 12:25 PM

I walked by a place in Grand Case that will be showing it, but it isn't on Front Street but back on Rue des Ecoles and away from the tourists, more of a local bar with a big TV set.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot - 02/19/2023 01:06 PM

There was a place in Grand Case that showed the World Cup matches on Restaurant Row. I believe it was after the Catholic church, and right before the empty lot that used to be L' Estaminet on the left side of the road. Looked like a lot of locals were there. Sorry, I don't know the name.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot - 02/19/2023 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by cruzer
There was a place in Grand Case that showed the World Cup matches on Restaurant Row. I believe it was after the Catholic church, and right before the empty lot that used to be L' Estaminet on the left side of the road. Looked like a lot of locals were there. Sorry, I don't know the name.

I was trying to remember the name of that place too. I'm sure they'll be showing the rugby matches.

Re: Six Nations Rugby Grand Case/Marigot - 02/22/2023 11:01 AM

I was at Captain Frenchy's yesterday and they will be showing the game on their TV - they almost laughed at me when I asked; as if it were impossible for them to show anything else during the games.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline