TravelTalkOnline

Check-in lines @ PJIA

Posted By: the captain

Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/24/2023 09:15 AM

3 hrs we should show for departure. Checking in bags.

Seems like 3 hrs prior to flight departure makes sense to check in on a Saturday?

If flying business on AA, is there a separate check in line?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/24/2023 10:34 AM

Yes, there is a priority line.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/24/2023 06:58 PM

We flew on Saturday on Jet Blue in December Mint class. The last time we got there three hours early, they said to go back and wait that they were not taking bags for our flight yet. So, this year, we got there two hours early. And it worked out for us.

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/24/2023 07:25 PM

2 hrs early. I dig that🤘🏼
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/24/2023 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by CaribbeanCanadians
My wife and I departed on February 9th for a 4:10PM departure time. We arrived three hours early and we're really glad we did.
It took quite a while to check in, get through immigration again and then security. Why immigration again we don't know but it just slowed things down.
I would definitely arrive three hours early. This airport doesn't operate the way it used to before Irma and Covid.

How long before your flight did you finally get into the boarding area?
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/24/2023 10:03 PM

The lineups are long. We probably had about thirty five minutes before we boarded. Not much time for a drink like we used to.

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/25/2023 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by CaribbeanCanadians
The lineups are long. We probably had about thirty five minutes before we boarded. Not much time for a drink like we used to.

For regular check in or priority?

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/26/2023 06:50 AM

2.5 hrs was barely good enough to get through priority line, passport control, security and immigration with about 25 min to look at duty free before the flight being boarded.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/26/2023 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by the captain
2.5 hrs was barely good enough to get through priority line, passport control, security and immigration with about 25 min to look at duty free before the flight being boarded.

Depending some on the day of the week of travel, that is why 3 hours is usually recommended.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/26/2023 01:57 PM

captain--sounds like you came home on a Saturday? If so, it's the absolute WORST day for travel at Juliana. Weekends are always the worst. We have not gone through there on the weekend for many years.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/26/2023 03:45 PM

We came home on a Saturday and it wasn't bad at all. Who knows with PJIA!

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/26/2023 08:52 PM

Honestly, it was fine. But wanted to shared my data point since you guys are all so great with sharing.

Working on a trip report. Just trying to get pics from my new R6 to MacBook....
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/27/2023 07:57 PM

I like 3 hours and then you can just chill. Hopefully they will resurrect the lounge (I can never spell it - Souluga?) one of these years. That was heaven in there compared to the rest of the terminal.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/27/2023 09:15 PM

Yes, I surely hope that they will resurrect that lounge also, however the heck you spell it!! grin
Posted By: pat

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/27/2023 09:28 PM

Is it Soualiga? I know there’s an A in there somewhere. 🙂🙂
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/27/2023 10:25 PM

My wife and I used to enjoy the lounge too having a drink before boarding. I can't believe it's been six years and still not completed considering this airport is their bread and butter for tourism. The cruise ship port has got their act together.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Check-in lines @ PJIA - 02/27/2023 10:32 PM

Yes Ma'am, as long as you have been going, some would think you might be a descendant.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline