TravelTalkOnline

Charter to Anguilla with kids

Posted By: patentshark

Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/03/2023 08:41 PM

Have really appreciated reading everyone's expert advice on this forum and hoping to get some guidance on booking a private charter to Anguilla in the beginning of April.

We have 4 adults and 5 boys under the age of 10. The options seem pretty overwhelming as most charters seem to offer snorkel gear and floats. Any recommendations that might do a little bit more as far as kid friendly activities, water scooters, etc.? The boys will do some snorkeling, but will probably want to do a little more than motoring to different beaches on Anguilla/St. Martin.

Thanks.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/03/2023 08:45 PM

St. Martin has much more in the way of kid-friendly activities than Anguilla.
Posted By: candu

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 12:14 AM

Jet skis are banned in Anguilla as they are civilized there.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by candu
Jet skis are banned in Anguilla as they are civilized there.

That is a rather rude statement.
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 03:50 AM

Who's RUDE?!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 02:02 PM

Patentshark--Wow, sorry for the responses to your post. Come on, guys, not the way to greet a first time poster!!

So, let's start over again--any recommendations for a private charter to Anguilla??
Posted By: DougK37614

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 03:01 PM

Billy Bones Boats Charters has a family fun day private charter that includes underwater scooters, paddleboards, floating mat, and other items at no extra charge. You could check with them to see if they'd also include them for an Anguilla charter.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 03:05 PM

I can't help much with the kids' activities, but for a private (or semi-private) charter to Anguilla, I would look into GB Ferries LINK. Unless something has changed, they leave from near the Dutch-side airport. For a little more island flavor, you can always take the public ferry from Marigot. This will be less cost than the GB Ferries and you will still end up at the same place. Once on Anguilla, you can hire a taxi for a tour and perhaps ask about kids activities. There are many nice resorts and beaches that are worth seeing, but that might not interest the kids all that much. Sorry I can't be more help with the kid's activities and a package trip for that but in the past when I have gone to Anguilla with young local St. Maarten kids, they seemed to enjoy the beaches and having a hamburger from one of the beachfront restaurants.

Good luck.

The post above mentioned Billy Bones Charters. You might contact them and see if they can customize something for you.

BILLY BONES
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 04:38 PM

I always see Scoobi doo in Anguilla https://www.scoobidoo.com/private-charters, they pull into the cove by Malliouhana.
Posted By: patentshark

Re: Charter to Anguilla with kids - 03/04/2023 09:04 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. I did just come across the issue about certain things being banned or otherwise unavailable on Anguilla (watersports license and other reasons)

Doug - thanks for mentioning Billy Bones, as it looks like they do have some extras that the boys would enjoy.

The goal for the adults on the charter is to get to see some of the beaches, etc. on Anguilla, since we are spending a week and a half between Orient and Terres Basses so we will already see plenty of the local beaches. We want to make sure the boys are entertained throughout the day with a bunch of stops with different activities. Snorkeling works, but probably not enough by itself for a full day for them.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline