TravelTalkOnline

Border disput solved

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Border disput solved - 04/01/2023 02:50 PM

Herald LINK
Posted By: kim

Re: Border disput solved - 04/01/2023 03:05 PM

So want did they decide? Or is my reading comprehension really bad today?
Posted By: PrairieGirl

Re: Border disput solved - 04/01/2023 05:05 PM

I didn’t see any description of where the border actually IS, just that FINALLY both countries have agreed to its exact location.

So no way to tell what this will mean for Captain Oliver’s, but hopefully now that the uncertainty has been settled, it can be sold and cleaned up.

That being said, both countries still have to actually sign the treaty……
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Border disput solved - 04/01/2023 08:04 PM

i don't know if that one is an April Fool's joke or not. Didn't seem really funny, but maybe there are some inside jokes there.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Border disput solved - 04/01/2023 08:21 PM

Yes strange because no details lol.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Border disput solved - 04/01/2023 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
i don't know if that one is an April Fool's joke or not. Didn't seem really funny, but maybe there are some inside jokes there.

I wouldn't put it past the Herald knowing their past years April 1st news.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Border disput solved - 04/02/2023 10:56 AM

This does not look like an Aprils fools joke. I remember that about Capt Olivers. Say you are driving from St. Maarten to St.Martin and you cross over that lil bridge by the pizza shop. Aren't you now in St.Martin, the French side? Isn't Capt. Olivers on that side? Or is the marina part of the Dutch side??? On a side note, it was always fun to cap off the day at the old Dinghy Dock and make our own drinks. For bar food it was really good stuff! We hosted a few TTOL parties there! At Capt. Oliver's was great dinners ,drinks by the pool with the glass viewing!! The glass floor! So cool!!!
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Border disput solved - 04/02/2023 09:15 PM

Yes David. I remember meeting you and Louise at the TTOL party at Dingy Dock. Great fun and super hosts !
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Border disput solved - 04/03/2023 11:39 AM

YES! that's right!!! I can't remember the owners name back then. He even got Dave Morris to play one night!! That was a great place to host a party, we did more than a few there!!! Thank you for the lovely compliment !! We had good times there! Got to meet some lovely people like you!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline