TravelTalkOnline

We're Getting Married........Again

Posted By: Whale Tail

We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 02:02 AM

Or you could say we're renewing our vows but I prefer Getting Married Again because it sounds more serious smile. Now let me bore you on how this came about. Last year's vacation was later than we normally do and ended up in Mar/Apr, so when we got back home my wife was filling out some forms and it asked for our date of marriage. At which point she said to me we had missed our anniversary when we were on island. Boy I was lucky that she missed it too. I had to go to my pictures to figure out what we did, as it turns out we had lunch at Captain Frenchie's, so not too bad. We both had a laugh over that. So a little time passes and we wanted to book a month at BSV but could only get 20 days, so we filled in the month with time at Flamingo and booked our flight. Then a few days later my wife said that we would be on island for our anniversary again, and I asked "How many years will it be?" The answer was 25 married, 35 years together! Now, to be honest, I had a few beers in me at this point and I said let's get married again, barefoot on the beach. Yes guys it was my idea. Well that's all my wife had to hear and she was off to the races on the internet, kept her busy for awhile. Put a few points in the bank with that one.
So we returned to the island in Dec and met with a wedding planner and a photographer, bought our rings and the plans were finalized.
Now we had a bit of a problem with family and friends who were eager to attend and we told them all to STAY HOME, including our son! The reasoning was that if we have friends and family here it becomes a party and we decided that after 25 years it would be our day, just the two of us.
So the plan is to get married again at BSV, barefoot in the sand this Tuesday afternoon, share a bottle of champagne and go out for dinner. We still haven't picked a restaurant yet, so we better get on that.

Gary & Bernadette
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 02:11 AM

Our first trip to St Martin was for our 25th anniversary. Was so special. Dinner was in Grand Case looking at the sunset. Find your vibe.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 02:20 AM

Sounds lovely! Enjoy!!!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 02:21 AM

We renewed our vows for our 40th on the same beach and wedding planner that performed our daughter's wedding on SXM. I proposed night before in front of friends with us on a Sunset cruise. Captain sailed by place it was happening at and I dropped to my knees and luckily she said yes. Memories you'll remember too. 53 coming up in June.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 07:16 AM

I sure hope you will have someone taking pictures! Would love to see them! And kudos to you for the suggestion!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 09:55 AM

Congratulations. I hope it all plays out as you hope.
Posted By: CharlieAndElaine

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 10:25 AM

We celebrated our 50th anniversary on the island last August. Didn’t renew our vows but did buy some jewelry. Put our locks on the bridge. Had a dinner party with island friends at Emilio’s that was just amazing. They really took care of us there.

Attached picture 9DD0C27D-8951-47FE-868B-C269DF4A34B6.jpeg
Attached picture 9019AD50-F632-494C-BD3C-CD8CDE76BD0D.jpeg
Posted By: mort

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 11:14 AM

Wore my original wedding dress from 50 years ago to celebrate our anniversary on the Island

Attached picture 20230316_175800.jpg
Posted By: Colour1

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 11:28 AM

Congratulations!!!! I know that Tracey and Drew will make sure everything is perfect for you at BSV!!!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 11:30 AM

Great job all.

We celebrated our 43 on island this years by going to L:Auberge Gormand since we went there on our honeymoon and they had just opened. This year they served us dessert with a sparkler in it.
Posted By: pat

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 03:39 PM

Gary,

I’m betting that thought will pay you dividends for years to come.

Congratulations and many more years of happiness to you both.

So glad you’re enjoying BSV as it really is a great place to stay if you don’t need your hand held to enjoy the island.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: We're Getting Married........Again - 04/03/2023 03:53 PM

Congratulations and blessings to the two of you ! Enjoy !
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline