TravelTalkOnline

Casual Meals

Posted By: Mia

Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:03 PM

What are some of your favorite casual dining options? Most days we enjoy staying on the beach or at the pool for as long as possible (can't do that back home so we take full advantage while on the island LOL) and like to opt for a more casual/laid-back meal after a long day in the sun. Suggestions? We will be there for 11 days. TY
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:38 PM

We love casual dining -- Fat Tony's in Cupecoy has many specials, Dinghy Dock, Driftwood Beach Bar, The Sand Bar, Mark's Place just to name few. Any of the Italian restaurants serving pizza would be a good option too. I'm sure many other's will comment. There are so many places to eat and so little time, you will run out of days long before dining options! Read through some trip reports too -- you can read about many more options. Enjoy!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:43 PM

Where are you staying? Might influence the suggestions

Edit: Never mind...saw in your other post you are at BSV

I like Lee's and Buccaneer Beach Bar, Captain's Rib Shack SB Yacht Club for starts....all in the same area
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:47 PM

Along with some others mentioned, recommend the Greenhouse and Bar Code. Also, you can pick up sandwiches to either take to the beach, or for a casual dinner, at places like Zee Best, which makes a really good made to order sandwich. Enjoy!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:50 PM

Yup...forgot the Greenhouse also in the same area
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:52 PM

boucharda--two different posters--"mia" and "mika".
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:52 PM

orders.sx is the SXM version of Doordash/Uber Eats. They deliver from several area restaurants, some in Maho. Reliable service and reasonable prices.We used them several times during our recent stay.

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 02:54 PM

We are staying at Royal Islander. Should have mentioned that. Great suggestions so far!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 03:09 PM

For casual : Marks, Greenhouse, Lees, Captains, Toppers and Tap & Still.
Posted By: candu

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 04:38 PM

At BSV you are walking distance to Maho so many options available. I would recommend cheeseburgers, gyros and pizza and rum punch at Driftwood and avoid the place at the other end of the beach.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 04:45 PM

I beg to differ. I fing the food and drinks at SSBB pretty darn good.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 05:18 PM

Balls and Wine, Little Jerusalem
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Casual Meals - 04/04/2023 06:17 PM

I would add MARYS BOON to the list of casual restaurants. Just down the beach from BSV , we love the mahi-mahi or Thai curry chicken is good. Good prices and seaside dining room. Also maybe the dining PALMS in SIMPSON Bay.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Casual Meals - 04/05/2023 08:26 AM

SMYC the best breakfast and amazing Grouper fingers!! Fabila loves there Coconut shrimp! Great HH too!! Let's not forget the amazing view!!

Attached picture David SMYC 10-22.jpg
Attached picture SMYC Bloody Mary 10-2018 (2).jpg
Attached picture David Grouper fingers SMYC 10-2019.jpg
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Casual Meals - 04/05/2023 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I beg to differ. I fing the food and drinks at SSBB pretty darn good.

X2

Re: Casual Meals - 04/05/2023 03:01 PM

SMYC is always a favorite! And I agree 100% about the grouper fingers and view!!
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Casual Meals - 04/08/2023 11:21 AM

Little Jerusalem, Captains rib shack, Little Italy (all in Simpson Bay0
Always love just walking out of RI and grabbing a shawarma or pizza and rum punch for boat bar.
Haven't tried the Tortuga on site since new owners
Just a bit above casual but Altro with a $36 prix fix (maybe more now
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Casual Meals - 04/09/2023 07:50 AM

WAIT no one mentioned FAT TONY'S!!! I had a Philly cheese steak sandwich to knock your socks off!!! Pizza is very good and our friend said it was one of the best steaks he had on the island that he could not finish!!

Attached picture David, Fat tony's 4-2021.jpg

Re: Casual Meals - 04/10/2023 02:04 PM

More great suggestions. I'm noting all of them. TY
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline