TravelTalkOnline

Day 12 on island

Posted By: eilandmens

Day 12 on island - 04/04/2023 09:36 PM

Breakfast at Reveille Matin. My wife loved her Johnny cake breakfast sandwich. I got the wrong thing a pedestrian 2 eggs with sausage. The toast, sausage and potatoes were good but the scrambled eggs did not match Zee Best. Should have gotten the crepes. When to orient, a. Lot of sarragasum in water with persistent East to west wind over the past 12 days. Still quiet and a nice cooling breeze. G and T on patio. Went to try the Amore in Puerta del Sol. Ambience is great. Very nice decor, nice wait staff. My wife ordered the pasta with ricotta and spinach. Very good. I order the fettuccine Alfredo. It was good but didn’t meet the standard of Daniels by the sea in OP. Miss that place as well as busby’s. My wife ordered a side of meatballs which were good but not as good as Isola. We try again in September. Was not crowded. Just opened in March.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Day 12 on island - 04/05/2023 12:08 AM

Enjoying your trip reports!

I, too, miss Daniel’s By The Sea. It was such a romantic place! I also miss Mr. Busby’s for lunch. The location was fantastic and the food was consistently good.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline