TravelTalkOnline

Returning in October

Posted By: Alminate

Returning in October - 04/12/2023 10:17 PM

Hello
We are returning after 7 years we are staying at the Cliff. If we need a bigger beach if it’s non existent in front of the Cliff which beach is the closest? From what I can tell is it Mullot and is it a nice beach, can we walk? Any others close by? Is Porto cupocoy walkable from the Cliff for dinner? Thank you for your help Dolores
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Returning in October - 04/12/2023 10:33 PM

Cupecoy and Mullett are walkable from the Cliff. Yes, easy walk to Porto Cupecoy from Cliff. Mario's Bistro in Cliff is great restaurant. Also close to medical university, with many restaurants over there and walkable.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 09:32 AM

7 years? You will enjoy a short walk to Jordan village where the Summit resort once was. There you will find Carrefour grocery store and many fun places to dine as well as that early morning coffee and croissant at Jules! Fat Tony's for burgers and steaks with live music among other goods eats, very cas!! The Spaghettis house for all thing really good Italian dishes and a warm greeting from Caterina!! Just to name a few places. Enjoy, maybe we'll see you then!

Attached picture David and Louise ,M&B  Spaghetti house 10-22.jpg
Posted By: murphycpcu

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 12:21 PM

The French restaurant in Jordan Village is very good as well. The Cliff reception will provide you with a 25% off card for Carrefuor and last time we were there the Cliff's beach was very nice.. Carrefour also has some decent ready to eat wraps and such.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 12:54 PM

murphy--I do not remember a French restaurant in Jordan Village. What is the name of it?
Posted By: murphycpcu

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 01:36 PM

It is called Cupcoy Brasserie. A person we know who loves French cooking had some serious praise for the place.

https://www.facebook.com/cupecoybra...zLBbUYv842jQmiYlHwkWCa2jZ5zrMs4&_rdr

https://about-sxm.com/en/place/cupecoy-brasserie-sint-maarten/

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 01:51 PM

Thanks. I had not heard of it before. Apparently just opened this year? Where is it, say in relation to Fat Tony's or Bar Code?
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 04:23 PM

It’s where La Bodega used to be. Close to Bar Code.

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 04:37 PM

Tim--sorry, I don't remember where La Bodega was, as I never ate there. I guess we can take a ride around when we arrive and find out where it is.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 05:47 PM

La Bodega was virtually next door to Bar Code.

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 05:58 PM

OK thanks
Posted By: kim

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 08:35 PM

The new place is very good!!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Returning in October - 04/13/2023 10:00 PM

I've added it to my list for June.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline