TravelTalkOnline

Resurfacing of Union Road starts Thursday

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Resurfacing of Union Road starts Thursday - 05/31/2023 01:23 PM

Link
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Resurfacing of Union Road starts Thursday - 05/31/2023 04:53 PM

Now if they could just figure out how to resurface Rhine Road that winds through the golf course. I don't believe they have done anything to that road in the 28 years we have been visiting. One of the potholes almost swallowed us 10 days ago.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Resurfacing of Union Road starts Thursday - 05/31/2023 08:37 PM

I suspect that Rhine Rd. is private property owned by the "Mullet" Owners and not under control of SXM government. I have heard that Billy Folly Rd. is similar. Each property owner owns the road in front and they would have to agree to repave the road. Does anyone know if this is true?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Resurfacing of Union Road starts Thursday - 05/31/2023 09:17 PM

You are right Paul, Rhine Rd is private property, as is the golf course. Don't know about Billy Folly
Posted By: pat

Re: Resurfacing of Union Road starts Thursday - 05/31/2023 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by CaribLee
Now if they could just figure out how to resurface Rhine Road that winds through the golf course. I don't believe they have done anything to that road in the 28 years we have been visiting. One of the potholes almost swallowed us 10 days ago.

We’ve been visiting in that specific area for 49; years and I don’t recall them EVER doing any serious upgrading there. It was always a complaint of Mullet Resort and Towers guests and when we questioned the road repair status we were told they might consider repairs but only if both governments who benefited from it picked up a big part of the expense. Ansary knew he had the island by the……. And you can imagine how well received that was based on the repairs still undone.

And btw, I think I know the particular pothole you’re referring to. It’s deep enough and big enough to almost swallow some of the smaller island cars.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline