TravelTalkOnline

KC to Maartin

Posted By: Michael H

KC to Maartin - 06/06/2023 09:10 PM

I currently live in K.C. and am looking into a possible vacation on St Maartin. I am looking into where to possible stay, etc.
and all other scenarios. If there is anyone on here from K.C., please reach out to me to offer suggestions. Thanks
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: KC to Maartin - 06/06/2023 09:16 PM

Do you only want suggestions from someone from KC?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: KC to Maartin - 06/06/2023 09:24 PM

Not sure why he is specific to KC resopnses but we shall see....
Posted By: KC2SXM

Re: KC to Maartin - 06/07/2023 01:34 PM

Hi Michael. I'm from KC and have been going to St. Martin / Maarten with my husband every year for about 10 years. We're "newbies" compared to many posters on this very valuable forum. Each trip I gain more info from posters here with new places to try. We used to only stay in Orient Village because we love Orient Beach and Grand Case. The last couple of years we've stayed in Oyster Pond to be more centrally located to Orient and some nightlife and other restaurants in Simpson Bay that have been recommended. Still a bit of a drive, but keeps us close to Orient and not too far from Grand Case. If you stay on the French side, be sure you are at a place with a cistern. We spent a couple of weeks in March with unreliable water. Oyster Pond area is both French and Dutch, depending on which side of border.

We typically fly American from KC (MCI) as we find the best prices. We prefer to fly out through Miami and back to Charlotte if flights available.

Bottom line, check this forum often and take notes. You will get great advice here. And we love Kenny's for car rental!
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: KC to Maartin - 06/07/2023 02:07 PM

Maybe try Mary’s Boon Hotel on Simpson Bay. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard the owner say he grew up in north Kansas City. It’s a great place. The website needs to be updated with better photos marysboon.com.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: KC to Maartin - 06/07/2023 09:54 PM

Thanks once again.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: KC to Maartin - 06/08/2023 03:48 PM

kc northland near smithville...first went to sxm in early 90's
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline