TravelTalkOnline

La Rosa in Maho

Posted By: gomer36

La Rosa in Maho - 06/10/2023 01:22 AM

Good evening all,
I've been a very poor correspondant the 10 days We've been on island, but I wanted to toss out a post regarding the spectacular meal we had tonight at La Rosa. My veal was spot on as always, but Tasha's lobster thermadore was quite possibly the best we've ever had. With all the new choices in Maho like Roma and Mr Chows it's pretty slow here tonight, even for June. Next time you're down, please give them a thought. On Open Table now too, so easy reservations.
Posted By: EdB

Re: La Rosa in Maho - 06/10/2023 03:38 AM

it was a few years since we were last at LaRosa....but in March, we did go, and was so pleasantly surprised on how good it was. I did have veal parm, and was very very impressed with it...PLUS, the new decor after a remodel made it quite nice and ambiant. It will be another must do next trip again. The service this year was also good, which it was lacking the last few times we went. One of the reasons we took it off the list for a while.
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: La Rosa in Maho - 06/10/2023 07:30 AM

Glad you guys still enjoy La Rosa at Maho
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: La Rosa in Maho - 06/10/2023 08:53 PM

We ate there for the first time on our last trip. It was a lovely meal with good food and pleasant service. It was January, so they had a reasonable number of tables filled, but still lots of space available. Don't know why we waited almost 20 years to try it!
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: La Rosa in Maho - 06/11/2023 01:39 AM

Didn't make La Rosa during our May trip but will definitely visit when we return in August. It has always been one of our favorites dating back many many years.......and several different owners.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: La Rosa in Maho - 06/11/2023 02:27 AM

La Rosa was on our list for this last May but gravitated to Roma instead. Maybe next trip.
Posted By: WLE

Re: La Rosa in Maho - 06/11/2023 05:38 PM

If you are referring to La Rosa Too, we were there in Feb.for the first time scince the covid shut things down. And it was great like before.
Wife had egge plant and scallops and mine was the grouper with garlic and butter. Everything fantastic. And the decor is one of the finest on the island..
Posted By: JeanneB

Re: La Rosa in Maho - 06/13/2023 02:55 AM

I have to say… I have been going to LaRosa for 25+ years. I was last there this past February. The food was incredible, however, the service, not so much. The gentleman who was possibly the manager or sommelier neglected to tell us that they didn’t have our wine. We also did not have good service until one waitress who was friends with one of my dinner companions totally took control of our table and she was the saving grace for the dinner. This was the first time that I have never loved the entire experience. We also didn’t have the service to be expected at LaRosa….
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline