TravelTalkOnline

Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill

Posted By: islandgem

Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/05/2023 11:46 PM

Coming next door to Beachside Villas in the former El Zafiro location. They expect to have a viewing deck to watch the plans and other things to enjoy. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 12:04 AM

Has this been officially announced somewhere? There is already a viewing deck at the former El Zafiro.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 01:40 AM

Yes, they announced it from their own facebook page and some local residents confirmed it.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 02:02 AM

It is the Dinghy's Beach Bar & Grill from St. Thomas. Link is below.

Dinghy's BB&G - link
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 02:06 AM

So it's not accociated with the Dinghy Dock in Simpson Bay?

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 02:16 AM

No, no association with Dinghy Dock. It is Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill expanding into Sint Maarten.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 10:56 AM

This is good news. The pictures of the food and drinks at their Water Island, USVI location look great.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 11:54 AM

Haven't heard nothing about that and that's right on our road .
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 11:59 AM

I wonder when they plan to open?

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 12:21 PM

Just got an answer to my own question. They hope to open sometime in August.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 12:55 PM

They advertise live music. Wonder how that will impact the community??? https://www.facebook.com/Dinghysbeachbarandgrill
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 01:07 PM

Nice, we will definitely try that in September. Next door to the BSV is a bonus!

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 01:22 PM

David--I sure hope to h*ll they don't have live music. There are a lot of people in Beacon Hill who would be very upset.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 01:23 PM

Opening in August? Well, that makes no sense. Makes more sense to wait at least until October, due to hurricane season.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 02:07 PM

Via our Foundation we will deal with them. No load music is allowed only on a special occasion and must get a permit .
Posted By: pat

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 02:12 PM

Live music, depending on the genre, will probably not have much effect on the BSV units but the condos up on the cliff there may not be too happy depending on the type and volume level.
We live in a slightly hilly residential neighborhood where the people below us, about two acres away through a small woodsy area, have a pet rooster. Silly me - I thought roosters only crowed at sunrise.
WRONG and no farm girl here! We hear that darned rooster all day and evening. DH happened to be speaking to the man who lives next door to the rooster and volunteered he doesn’t hear that darned bird at all.
Seems like the sound carries UP the hillside rather than across it. Remains to be seen I’m thinking! 🙂🙂

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 02:31 PM

Carol......some of us will be there in August. So.....I'm hoping they will be open.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 02:35 PM

It depends on the type of music and what time during the day. Could just be a guy playing a guitar and singing. And daytime hours are a lot different than late at night. Not every place is Roxxy (and let's hope that is the case here).

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 03:02 PM

Lesley--sounds good.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 03:07 PM

Good looking Menu and prices very resonable.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 04:06 PM

Oh lord how stupid is that! Nothing has every really worked there plus.......Already too many GOOD beach bars in that area and its not easy to find or get too. And yes as one that has stayed at BSV in the past live music or any loud noise is NOT going to over well plus the noise will easily be heard in Beacon Hill. Pretty sure they should get ready for a battle from the neighbors if it gets out of control.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 04:11 PM

Scuba--I doubt the prices or the menu will be the same in SXM.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 05:08 PM

Thanks Islandgem. That’s good news for me. I like the beach there. As far as location it’s not really that hard to get to and once you’re there there is lots of parking. I think the key will be whether they can offer decent food. It can be bar food as long as it’s good bar food - like the Yacht Club for example. Although I hope they don’t do the cruise ship thing. It looks like this family has run a successful business for a while so they won’t be rookies. Looking forward to it!
Posted By: kim

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by MotownTim
Thanks Islandgem. That’s good news for me. I like the beach there. As far as location it’s not really that hard to get to and once you’re there there is lots of parking. I think the key will be whether they can offer decent food. It can be bar food as long as it’s good bar food - like the Yacht Club for example. Although I hope they don’t do the cruise ship thing. It looks like this family has run a successful business for a while so they won’t be rookies. Looking forward to it!

Exactly. There are no beach bars on that end of the beach with access from that area. I can’t wait!!!! We miss tahoma/el z as it was easy to get to from the Cupecoy/Maho area

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 06:36 PM

I see it as good news as well. And it sounds like these folks know what they are doing and hopefully will be successful. Since we stay in the Maho area, this beach is convenient with decent parking. We look forward to trying it.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/06/2023 09:51 PM

Yes Carol because we dealt with El Zaffiro and load music was only allowed for a special occasion with permit .
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/07/2023 10:19 AM

By the looks on their FB page they have live entertainment weekly. Could just be a soloist playing guitar??? You can bet the Beacon Hill asso. won't go for that LOUD techno music!!!

Attached picture BSV, Beacon Hill sign 042021.jpg
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/07/2023 11:10 AM

No reason to panic. Let’s wait to see what unfolds. I’m just glad the property will be back in action.
Posted By: indi

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/07/2023 04:34 PM

It's a lovely location and a nice, quality beach bar will be convenient.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill - 07/07/2023 04:35 PM

To many places opening then going out of business fairly quick and I have heard it's been a very extra slow summer because of the airfare. That corner seems to have never worked for anyone and going through a neighborhood just seems to make it even more unlikely to work out , but it's not my time or money and I do wish everyone good luck.

Just seems like poor little Simpson Bay has enough good beach bars and restaurants. Buccaneers , Roxy, Mary's Boon, Karakters and now this? It's getting way to commercialize. Are their no Gov controls or zoning? Does little once quiet Simpson Bay really need another beach bar? Oh Lord.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline