TravelTalkOnline

Passports US to SXM

Posted By: road3682

Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 10:26 AM

Passports- If my passport expires in Feburary 2024 and I am visiting St Marten November 1-10, 2023 will my passport and my entry be accepted due to the expiration date? Also does American Airlines require at least 6 months beyond travel dates on your Passport?
I have read that passport renewal is taking longer now and I don’t want to miss the trip due to renewal processing times.
Posted By: kim

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 11:04 AM

I don’t know about visiting other islands but you are totally fine for SXM based on what the Passport Agency says. I would not worry about renewing until
You return home. I’ve visited with days left on my passport without issue. There are some countries that require 6 months but SXM is not one of them
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 11:29 AM

Here’s our experience with passport renewal in the Spring of 2023. The U.S. State Travel Gov. Website was stating 10-13 week turnaround time.

Our passports were expiring at the end of June.

We:
Did not choose to expedite the process.
Mailed the renewal paperwork on Apr 13.
Saw that our check was cashed on April 19.
Received our new passports on June 5.

The whole process took 7.5 weeks.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 01:02 PM

As Kim stated, if you are travelling ONLY to Sint Maarten/St. Martin, there is no issue. I believe Anguilla and possibly St. Barts has a different rule.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 02:53 PM

You might run into a problem with day excursions to St Barts, Anguilla and other islands but not SXM.
Posted By: JohnW

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 04:02 PM

Yes, you're good for SXM but you could go ahead now and do the passport renewal application (go for expedited). Chances are you'll get it long before your trip. Worst case, you don't and you use the existing one. Scratch that - because you'd need to send your old one in!
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 05:09 PM

my wife had her passport renewed. She applied on May 9th 2023 and received her passport on July 6th. about 8 weeks.

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 05:19 PM

News media is stating 3 to 4+ months. They just love to promote fear.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 06:08 PM

I am always amused when folks go to social media sites for information they should be getting from a government entity.

State Department LINK

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
I am always amused when folks go to social media sites for information they should be getting from a government entity.

State Department LINK

So true.
Posted By: road3682

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 06:28 PM

Yes Thank You- I did check that site first (https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...untry-Information-Pages/SintMaarten.html) - but I also wanted to see what was happening with those that had experienced it recently . Your post have been helpful in the past thank you...
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Passports US to SXM - 07/10/2023 10:27 PM

I apologize for my snarky comment.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline