TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11

Posted By: sky607

Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/13/2023 02:36 PM

Monday was breakfast at Reveil Matin in Simpson Bay. They have a very extensive menu of breakfast possibilities. We had coffees and the Quartz, which is two poached eggs, cottage cheese, an English muffin and a variety of fresh fruits; and two eggs over with sausage and whole wheat toast. Everything was delicious, and the service was very good. Bill came to $41.00 with the service charge.

Headed to Orient which was a repeat of Sunday. The conditions were similar, but it was a little windier, so we got sandblasted most of the time. Saw three donkeys roaming around the parking area behind the Perch.

Dinner at Altro in Porto Cupecoy, we opted for the Prix Fixe menu. We ended up each wanting the same items. We had the Greek millefeuille, Pork Tenderloin, and the apple pie tatin, Two cocktails, a bottle of water, and cappuccino. The bill was $120.00, no service charge included.

Tuesday, I went to the bakery in Jordan Village and picked up croissants to have in our unit for breakfast. I forget the name of the Bakery, but I believe it was formerly called Jules, The croissants were good, but in our opinion, not as good as Zee Best. We headed to Maho to check out the shops. It didn’t take very long, as nothing caught my wife’s eye. We stopped at 3 Amigos and ordered two Heineken, the bill was $12. Took a ride through Simpson Bay and Cole Bay back to the bridge and headed back to Sapphire.

Dinner was at Spices of India in Maho. The restaurant is right by the center stairway. Not being that familiar with Indian cuisine, we asked for help ordering. Our waitress was new, so the manager jumped in and explained that she was just learning the menu and helped. We ended up with Samosa (puff pastry filled with potato and peas) that came with two dipping sauces; Paneer (large cubes of cottage cheese baked with herbs), Butter Chicken that was delicious; a cauliflower and potato dish; rice; a chick pea dish; and butter naan bread. We had one cocktail and a soda. The bill was $80, no service charge.

Attached picture Croissant2.jpg
Attached picture Orient Donkeys2.jpg
Attached picture Orient Donkeys3.jpg
Attached picture Reveil Matin3.jpg
Attached picture Reveil Matin.jpg
Attached picture Reveil Matin6.jpg
Attached picture Spices India2.jpg
Attached picture Spices india3.jpg
Attached picture Spices India4.jpg
Attached picture Spices India4.jpg
Attached picture Altro Prix FIxe.jpg
Attached picture Millefeulle.jpg
Attached picture Altro Pork.jpg
Attached picture Altro3.jpg
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/13/2023 02:38 PM

mmmmmmm your report has made me hungry.
Posted By: taraavo

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/13/2023 02:50 PM

Thanks for sharing. Everything looks great.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/13/2023 02:56 PM

Thanks for the report. Great pics! Could you post some more pictures of Sapphire? It actually looks fairly nice, which I am somewhat surprised at.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/13/2023 03:23 PM

Great photos! Were the new washrooms you talked about in last report $2 to use were they at the perch & were they flush?

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/13/2023 03:46 PM

Jeepers
I sent a PM to you, but probably did it incorrectly. They appear. to be regular flush toilets.
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/13/2023 03:47 PM

Very much enjoying your trip reports and pictures!! Reminding me of happy memories of places I've been and making note of some new spots. (I'll second the wonderful Zee Best croissants..... I never eat them at home, but make several trips to the airport location to get their chocolate almond croissant.... they are divine!!!)
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/14/2023 07:40 AM

Formerly of Jules in Jordan village??? Great detailed report, thanks for sharing your photos too!!

Re: Trip Report Mon-Tues 7-10/11 - 07/14/2023 09:41 PM

Color1
I couldn't remember the name of the bakery, but I believe it was formerly called Jules Bakery, which I confirmed today! The tow sign still says Jules!

Attached picture Cupecoy Bakery.jpg
Attached picture Bakery 2.jpg
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline