TravelTalkOnline

TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2

Posted By: jazzgal

TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 05:47 AM

Continued from Activities Part 1 . . . .

Pool Days

A friend staying at La Terasse invited me to a couple of “pool parties.” A pool is the one thing I miss at Horny Toad so was pleased to spend some pool time watching the planes.

[Linked Image]

Apparently these show up for baths every afternoon.

[Linked Image]

Jazz Brunch at Rendezvous, Porto Cupecoy

I cringe every time I hear this referred to as “jazz,” because most of it isn’t. Nevertheless, it’s a fun way to spend time on a Sunday afternoon. Food definitely is not the draw. I can’t recall what I ate, but it was not memorable. I ran in to Carol and Eric, and they weren’t impressed with their pizza either.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Huppel the Pub

Monday nights are apparently “the” nights to go hear music at the former The Pub. Because I am a jazz snob, I lasted about one set. Many of the musicians are the same as you will see on Sunday afternoons at Rendezvous.

[Linked Image]

Meet and Greet

Someone from the Facebook group SXMorBust! organized a meet-and-greet at Hole in the Wall. There were ten or fifteen people there, but I didn’t get any photos.

Parotte Ville

I hadn’t been there for the last couple of trips so it was time to go again. I took a woman I met at The Toad who had never been, and we had a fun couple of hours.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Miscellaneous

Marigot on a driving-around day.

[Linked Image]

Pretty sky taken at Mezza Luna.

[Linked Image]

Mural at Marina Royale

[Linked Image]

I have so very many photos taken at Horny Toad that I’m going to try to do a separate post about Horny Toad Guest House.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 10:28 AM

Thanks again for the report and pictures. The parrots are really colorful.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 12:18 PM

Great photos in part 1&2. It's like a mini vacation viewing them, and again you provide us with more locations to visit. Might have to squeeze in a visit before our next Spring return. People ask me why do you keep returning to SXM and the answer is because I haven't seen everything yet. Thanks again.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 01:09 PM

Another great report and pictures! We haven't been to Parrotville for a couple of years. Need to head back!
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 01:47 PM

Thanks for the report and pictures. You are correct that the Sunday Jazz Brunch is not just jazz but a mixture of musical genres. It started out as mostly jazz when first begun a few years ago but several of the early musicians have moved on (literally) so the music has evolved. Still a very good mixture of music so no need to cringe. They just retained the name Sunday Jazz Brunch since that is what it was originally known as.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 02:18 PM

Beautiful pictures as always!!

Thanks for sharing..
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 02:49 PM

Carol - The museum has morphed into a gift shop of parrot-related items.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 03:59 PM

Linda--OK, thanks.
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 04:15 PM

I love how you've done your trip report by subject rather than just chronologically. These activities ones are a really good resource for new things to try. And of course your beautiful photos bring it all to life. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 05:10 PM

Love seeing your photos. We too missed having a pool when we stayed at The Toad.
Posted By: AnnandSteve

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 06:01 PM

Linda,
Love your photos, we will definitely be sailing with you in November, and I will get a Parrotville trip in as well.

Ann and Steve
Posted By: jomarc

Re: TRIP REPORT, June 8-July 14, 2023 – Activities Part 2 - 07/22/2023 10:30 PM

Beautiful pictures and nice reviews Linda.

We love Parotte Ville and cannot wait to share the visit with my sister and brother-in-law on our upcoming visit in September.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline