TravelTalkOnline

First Day July 22

Posted By: crsxm

First Day July 22 - 07/22/2023 09:50 PM

We took what I'm calling the Jet Blue early bird special from JFK and touched down at 10:06 am. By 11:00 am we were on our way to Divi. They've improved the check-in process a bit. One apartment was ready at noon-a first! Unfortunately the other room took until 4 pm. But still an improvement. Lots of warm smiles and hugs to go around. We hit the grocery store for some provisions and took a quick nap by the pool. Early observations--lots of cars and folks moving about but it's Saturday so I guess that's to be expected. Divi looks great and can't wait to hit the beach tomorrow. In Philipsburg for church now and maybe a walk over to the Greenhouse for a quick bite afterwards. I was going to try Krave but I think it closes at 5 pm. That's all for now!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: First Day July 22 - 07/22/2023 10:35 PM

Sounds like a good beginning! Enjoy!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: First Day July 22 - 07/24/2023 12:33 PM

crsxm which building are you in? We haven't been to Divi in a few years--last look was right after Irma while they were rebuilding.
Posted By: crsxm

Re: First Day July 22 - 07/24/2023 10:02 PM

We have a two bedroom in building 2--#513. We put our daughter and daughter in law in that unit. Hubby and I are roughing it in a one bedroom further down #615. Other than the grass which is quite brown, the place looks good. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas--new pizza restaurant by the new Oceans building which we haven't tried yet but probably will at some point.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline