TravelTalkOnline

Royal Islander LaPlage

Posted By: Jerry_R

Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/19/2023 02:07 PM

Does anyone have a current email address for the reservations people? I sent a couple of emails to the address listed on their webpage and by RCI. One was 2 weeks ago and the other 6 days ago. No response. In our 8-10 stays there I have always received a reply in a day or so. Wondering what has changed.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/19/2023 04:11 PM

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed - in the past I've had success dealing directly with Nina
npersaud@royalislander.com or nina@royalislander.com

You might also try calling (721) 545-2388 or specifically for reservation (800) 286-7222

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/19/2023 05:21 PM

Thanks Tim! I have worked with Nina before but was unsure if she was still there. We have not been there since before Irma. As a matter of fact, Irma hit SXM a few days after we left and followed us back to SW Florida. The double whammy of a hurricane followed by Covid and now still dealing w/Ian reconstruction here in SW Florida has prevented us from traveling. I realized I have a lot of RCI points to blow, so here we go. Time to burn some points. We need to go somewhere for a week before January 1 in addition to this trip.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/19/2023 08:14 PM

Well, I've been an owner for 25 years at the Islander, and it never disappoints

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/19/2023 09:07 PM

It's the best one on the island in my opinion. We have traded into: Pelican, Flamingo, Royal Palm, Belair, and 3 more that no longer exist. Have not tried La Terrasse but may do so if RI has stuck w/the 1 in 3 rule. We got them to ignore it a couple of times and enjoyed back to back trips to La Plage.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/19/2023 09:18 PM

Jerry

No unusual to not get a speedy response, they answer on island time
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/20/2023 12:40 AM

What's the 1 in 3 rule?

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/20/2023 04:47 AM

Some resorts that are available in the RCI network will let you trade in only once in a 3 year period. Especially those who are popular. LaPlage followed that procedure for a while.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/20/2023 02:54 PM

That was always a sales pitch at timeshare presentations that you couldn't get a trade through RCI or II but I never heard of it being enfored.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Royal Islander LaPlage - 08/20/2023 10:50 PM

If they have the 1 in 3 or something similar in the resorts settings it used to be that RCI wouldn't allow the trade to take place. I saw this more on resorts in Mexico, and we were blocked once from a trade because of this.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline