TravelTalkOnline

Hotel/early shuttle for JFK

Posted By: pony600

Hotel/early shuttle for JFK - 08/20/2023 10:08 PM

We’re traveling in October and our flight leaves JFK at 6:35 am. Any recommendations for a hotel to stay the night before that has an early morning shuttle?
Posted By: JohnW

Re: Hotel/early shuttle for JFK - 08/20/2023 10:14 PM

We like the TWA Hotel for that situation. It's retro and cool and at terminal 5. If you're flying out of 5 you can simply walk over, otherwise just jump on the AirTrain to your terminal. We usually grab dinner at the rooftop pool bar. It's not cheap but we find it's an easy start to a vacation as you're already at the airport all ready to go.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Hotel/early shuttle for JFK - 08/20/2023 11:20 PM

We’ve done Park, stay, and fly at Crowne Plaza JFK and we’ve stayed at TWA. Our stay at Crowne Plaza was unmemorable which I think is a good sign for a simple airport stay. When flying JetBlue TWA Hotel was definitely the easiest for us. As a hotel TWA has some quirks so I’d recommend reading the TripAdvisor reviews before booking. Bottom line, if you’re able bodied and self sufficient you’ll probably be fine. If you’re looking for a high level of service and need assistance with bags, look somewhere else. Also if you’re not flying JetBlue the walk and air train from terminal 5 might be longer than the shuttle ride from offsite.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Hotel/early shuttle for JFK - 08/21/2023 02:18 PM

If you have not yet stayed at the TWA Hotel I highly suggest, and get a runway view room. It is just cool, a great piece of history brought back to life. I personally would do dinner at their restaurant in the main lobby (Paris Cafe) area and then go up to the top for drinks. If you are there early take a swim at the top. Take some time and explore the hotel.
Posted By: irina

Re: Hotel/early shuttle for JFK - 08/21/2023 08:07 PM

TWA hotel for sure! Quirky, cool, retro and classic, all at the same time.
Cheers
irina
Posted By: gomer36

Re: Hotel/early shuttle for JFK - 08/21/2023 09:12 PM

A few snaps I took back in June. Agree with Todd on the Paris Cafe option!

Attached picture 20230531_195526.jpg
Attached picture 20230531_195548.jpg
Posted By: murphycpcu

Re: Hotel/early shuttle for JFK - 08/21/2023 10:21 PM

We stayed at the Hilton as it was priced well and we only needed to sleep. No other requirements after a full day in the city.

Had a 7:15 JB flight. Left Hilton at 5:35 and were ordering breakfast at 5:55. Global entry used and one of their two shuttles only goes to JB terminal which makes it really fast.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline