TravelTalkOnline

Question for any owners on the island

Posted By: murphycpcu

Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 01:42 PM

We have some remodeling needs and find that in a two week visit it is hard to find stuff. We are looking for padded headboards that attach to the wall and king size beds to go with them. We also want to replace curtains that are used to dim the bedrooms with some type of shades that probably need to be measured for a fit. They would need to cover our slider doors and be able to be pulled back as well.

Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 02:32 PM

Two weeks is a tight timeframe for work like that here.
I hunted around the island to get replacement curtains 2 years ago.
I wanted to replace the black out curtains in the bedroom.
I ended up measuring everything. I shopped back home in Canada and brought it all here. That worked very well and gave me more choices.
Not sure about the beds and headboards. You can shop online on Amazon or Wayfair and ship to the island from Miami. You would have more choices.

Drphilsxm
Posted By: kim

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 06:43 PM

Two weeks is not enough time!! Have you checked Ashley Furniture for the beds? For curtains etc Amazon or any company with free shipping and ship via Miami. I set an account up with 4 star cargo and under 50lbs they will
Deliver for no fee! But there is a cost to ship from Miami - I just shipped a 35.00 step stool via Amazon and it was 15.33 delivered to my door. Itโ€™s a condo so security put it in my unit
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 06:58 PM

Matt--I don't really have any good advice for you, other than to echo the others, probably best to ship from Miami.

I have to say it's a good idea you are replacing those beds, as they must have been made for Wilt Chamberlain! I have never seen such tall beds!!

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 07:13 PM

Hahaha ask my mom why I bought a step stool for my condo!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 07:17 PM

Kim--I know that Pat has some issues with the beds at BSV, but trust me, those beds at Matt's place are a good six inches taller than the ones at BSV!!

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 07:44 PM

Yikes!!!! I ordered a stool for a camper in the event my parents used my place. The second bedroom has a bed like that!! I donโ€™t get it. Iโ€™m 5โ€™5โ€ and I have to launch myself up onto that bed!!!!!

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 08:01 PM

Kim--LOL!

Anyway, sorry Matt for taking this thread off on a tangent. Best wishes with your projects!
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/11/2023 09:33 PM

For curtains, try Grand Maison near Hope Estates on the French side.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/12/2023 12:57 AM

Hope Estates seems to have a lot of home furnishings stores.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/12/2023 01:26 PM

Ashley Furniture for furniture and mattress but I buy my curtains online from https://www.jcpenney.com/g/window/curtains-drapes?id=cat100260226 and ship or put in check in luggage without rods. Rods can be found at Ace megastore.
https://www.facebook.com/ashleyfurnituresxm/
Posted By: RSPMan

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/12/2023 11:14 PM

We bought some nice furniture (including padded headboard) at Conforma in Grand Case. Ashley is Ace Megastore also has nice furniture- but expensive.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/etVHL3JAbJDUfpRF7?g_st=ic

Re: Question for any owners on the island - 09/13/2023 02:07 AM

Ashley has a stand alone store as well. Saw your link for conforma. Also Cozy is another store on the French side
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline