TravelTalkOnline

Royal Islander TV’s

Posted By: Islandbeachbum

Royal Islander TV’s - 10/08/2023 12:29 AM

Does anyone know if the Royal Islander La Plage has smart TV’s? I want to bring a fire stick and trying to figure out how to hook it up. From what I understand, you need a smart TV.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Royal Islander TV’s - 10/08/2023 12:43 AM

A fire stick actually does not need a smart TV.
It requires a TV with an HDMI port.
However, what you need for the Firestick is good Wi-Fi. Preferably constant high speed would be preferred. From my experience, the only Wi-Fi offered at Royal Islander, is quite slow and may not work your Firestick due to its lack of speed and intermittency.

I own a property across the street in the sister building and I have my own Wi-Fi, which is significantly faster and it does run either a smart TV, or a Firestick plugged into a TV with an HDMI port.

Perhaps someone has tried it at La plage.

Drphilsxm
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Royal Islander TV’s - 10/08/2023 01:26 AM

FYI, if you cannot use your fire stick at Royal Islander La Plage these are the current TV channels on the room TVs.

This is as of September 2023. There are a total of 36. Four are not English but the rest are English. Channel 36 is sometimes NHL channel and sometimes FOX Miami. Hope that helps.

Drphilsxm

Attached picture IMG_2891.jpeg
Posted By: EdB

Re: Royal Islander TV’s - 10/08/2023 04:52 AM

i have used my firestick the last couple of years at Royal Islander La Plage. Sometimes the internet signal isn't the strongest...but most of the time i was able to get mine working.

Re: Royal Islander TV’s - 10/08/2023 01:17 PM

Thank you so much!

Re: Royal Islander TV’s - 10/08/2023 01:18 PM

Thank you 😊
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline