TravelTalkOnline

Mary’s Boon

Posted By: MotownTim

Mary’s Boon - 11/14/2023 08:17 PM

I know where I’m going for the majority of beach days this trip. Had a very pleasant day at the Boon today. I thought it would be crowded with Karaktor out of commission and no umbrellas at Dinghy’s. The vibe there is always Caribbean pleasant there. The people are friendly. Manuel the beach attendant is super nice. And we only had bitterballen (I know, people don’t care for it, I do) but the food has always been good. I was talking to either the owner or general manager and it seems like a lot of places on the Dutch side are having issues with the mandatory tip. He wasn’t even sure what they were charging (it’s 15%) but it’s the same old problem of a beach attendant busting their [censored] all day and not getting diddly for a tip because certain citizens aren’t used to tipping in their countries. It’s a cop out because when in Rome… Anyway, had a nice time.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mary’s Boon - 11/14/2023 08:24 PM

Thanks for the report. We haven't been there often but have enjoyed it. Food is kind of medium, to me, not great, but in the past, they haven't jammed their chairs together on the beach, like Karakter was doing. It really is kind of a slice of old Caribbean there.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Mary’s Boon - 11/14/2023 08:44 PM

Walk next door and you'll see us sitting on the sand. Say hi
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline