Posted By: Jeff_C

NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/17/2023 03:23 PM

Good day everyone
My wife and I will be arriving in SXM on Dec. 31 . We almost always go for
Two weeks in Apr./May for my birthday . But my wife is turning a magical
Number on Jan. 2nd so we are taking an extra trip next year for
Her birthday also.
I was wondering if there are any nice New Year's Eve celebrations ,
That you could recommend for that night.
I am going to make reservations in advance for a nice restaurant.
Then we would like to hit a party .
Thanks in advance.
Jeff_C
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/17/2023 10:36 PM

Last year we spent New Years eve at Tortuga restaurant and the fireworks were right in front on Maho Beach.
Posted By: CharlieAndElaine

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/18/2023 12:17 PM

I think I saw that Bamboo House is having a big NYE event. Great views from there.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/19/2023 09:05 AM

I'm thinking that Marco is going to have something at Roma/Mr Chow's!( Maho plaza) It's so beautiful there the food at both places is spectacular!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/19/2023 01:45 PM

Jeff--you didn't say French or Dutch side. Most places will be having a celebration for the whole evening, that would include dinner, etc, so no need to find a party after. Someone suggested Bamboo House. That would be an amazing view, but I have to think it would be pretty pricy. If I personally were going to pick a spot and had the money for it, that is where I would pick.

We have only spent one NYE on SXM, and it was for the Millenium. We spent it at Club O. It was pretty magic, standing on the beach at Orient, watching fireworks ring in the new Millenium.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/19/2023 05:05 PM

Last year Bamboo House NY eve celebration was $275.00 pp and included passed appetizers along with a buffet.
I'm sure it was a nice evening.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/20/2023 12:16 PM

JAX has posted their NY eve menu.
Ala carte available before 7:00 PM
Prix fix only after 7:00 PM for $159.00 pp

Although not on the island, I refuse to go anywhere that jacks up their prices because they can
In the past I have worked just about every NY eve, rookie night out and a lot of places can't handle the business as they are not used to being so busy

My best memory was working the 1999 going into 2000, $500.00 per person
only served 10 guests and walked with $800.00 in gratuities after tipping out
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/20/2023 02:16 PM

mahokid--pretty much anyplace high end on island (and around the world) jacks up their prices for NYE.

For the millenium, which was 23 years ago now, we paid over $1000 a person for air from Washington DC to SXM. And we had to get on a list over a year ahead of time, to be able to purchase tickets. AA certainly didn't care about jacking up their prices. Club O did NOT raise their hotel prices for the Millenium, which was impressive to us. They had a buffet that night, and I don't recall it being high priced at all.
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 11/20/2023 03:23 PM

I think of NYE as "Amateur Night". Too many who overindulge and aren't aware enough to call a cab! I hope all have a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year!
Posted By: jon

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 12/21/2023 02:47 AM

Bumping for info. I am interested in places in Simpsons Bay. That way I can avoid vehicle travel altogether"…
Posted By: taraavo

Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations - 12/21/2023 12:26 PM

L'Astrolabe in Orient posted a good looking NYE special menu.
For an option with more of a party - vibe, I also saw that Sunset Beach Bar will have a lineup of DJ's, drummers, and live performances with a fireworks show. This has a strict dress code of "shiny or white". Saw this on Instagram posted by " Madevents.sxm"
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline