TravelTalkOnline

One day on SXM.

Posted By: EdB

One day on SXM. - 11/20/2023 03:57 AM

In a couple of weeks, my wife and I are taking a ''last minute' cruise out of Miami on NCL Pearl. I usually can take or leave cruising...but after having a surgery delayed for me until April, we decided to treat ourself to a little away time, and I found this cruise leaving December 9. One of the stops, is none other than SXM. This will be our first time to the island by boat since we first discovered SXM in 1989. Is going to be a strange day for sure, since we will only have a few hours at our beloved second home. We of course are skipping the overpriced excursions, and am meeting friends, and spending the day at our favorite La String on Orient. After all these years, we will be a member of the ''boat people'',..having to be on a schedule, and a tourist for a day. Either this one day will be a fun experience, or just a tease for us till our three weeks in March! Will let you know. I guess a day in SXM surely beats no days in SXM for four months. Wishing all my TTOL friends a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: One day on SXM. - 11/20/2023 04:44 AM

What a coincidence. Our first exposure to SXM was on a cruise in 1989. Enjoy your day on island.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: One day on SXM. - 11/20/2023 12:12 PM

Blessings !
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: One day on SXM. - 11/20/2023 02:18 PM

Ed--my guess is that it will be both--fun, and a tease for your March vacation. Enjoy!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: One day on SXM. - 11/22/2023 08:29 AM

OHHH that's going to be tough to do!!! You are very brave, I don't think I could get back on that boat!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Posted By: lcote

Re: One day on SXM. - 11/22/2023 01:24 PM

Well, at least you don't have to cope with the airport this trip! Geez, we leave December 9 to go to SXM. Maybe I should see if we can get on this cruise and then depart the ship to stay in SXM! :-)

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline