TravelTalkOnline

Dinner reservations

Posted By: Alltech63

Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 12:45 PM

So far I have been able to make most of our dinner reservation for our trip 12/20 thru 12/29.

Places we have so far are:

1. LAuberge Gourmande

2. Bistrot caraibes

3. La cignale

4.Moulin Fou

5 Bamboo House.

These places allowed me to make reservation pretty far in advance a couple only allow reservations to be made 2 weeks out one of them is Emilios and Spiga we have never had dinner at either of these if I could only go to one of these which would you choose. Reviews for both are good.
We are staying in Cupecoy
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 02:41 PM

Cannot actually compare the two since I have not been to Emilio’s. That being said,Spiga is one of our favorites. There is very pretty decor,service has always been great,and the food has always been amazing. We will be dining there within the next few days.
Posted By: pat

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 02:56 PM

In fifty years worth of annual trips I don’t think I’ve ever made dinner reservations except one Easter Sunday when we were a party of 11 or 12 and I wanted the restaurant be prepared for us.

It sounds as though you’ve covered all your bases and personally speaking, I’d opt for Spiga in Grande Case.

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 03:01 PM

Thanks for the replies
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 03:22 PM

Pat--we almost never make dinner reservations, except with large groups. However, the week between Christmas and New Years is by FAR the busiest week for eating out on SXM, so reservations are necessary for high end places. The one time we have been on SXM for Christmas, we wanted to go to Temptation. That tells you how long ago that was! Anyway, we contacted Dino about two weeks BEFORE, and he was only able to accommodate us on ONE night, at 6 PM, even though we gave him a 10 day window.

For the original poster, we have not been to Spiga, but have been to Emilios. Again, that was when Dino was there, so a while ago. It was pleasant, not great. The interior of the restaurant is unusual and lovely. If it were me, I wouldn't pick either one, although I am not a big fan of Italian on island. If it were ME, and I wanted Italian, I would pick Roma in Maho. Otherwise, I would probably pick Jax or Le Cottage.

Enjoy!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 04:16 PM

I’d opt for Spiga. We did Emillios this last trip for the first time. One and done.
Posted By: taraavo

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 04:33 PM

Spiga was one of the best meals of our trip when we were on island in April, and we ate well so that's saying something.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 06:29 PM

We're 2 of the few who don't care for Spiga, even after going 3 times... I'd vote with Carol and go to Roma.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 06:59 PM

Roma was wonderful. Ate at Spiga once 20 years ago. It was good but since we ate at Roma’s three times a little less than 3 weeks ago. I’ll chime in to agree with others on this recommendation.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 07:23 PM

Bacchus for high end French lunch, located in Hope Estate behind Super U.

Edit: Guess not a dinner place, but still qualifies in my book as a nice meal! Plus easier to drive home in the light.

Re: Dinner reservations - 11/21/2023 07:58 PM

Having been to SXM a few times around Xmas I have learned to make reservations. Since we are very close to Roma I made reservations there once again thanks. Also last year we tried a place that had just opened Cupecoy Brasserie walking distance from condo very nice but the don’t take reservations will be 1st nights dinner as they do answer the phone smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline