TravelTalkOnline

Trip report

Posted By: candj

Trip report - 12/06/2023 08:15 PM

We have been on the island now for 8 days. In the Simpson Bay area,, we have eaten at Lee's, the Greenhouse, 3 Amigos (Maho), Pineapple Petes and Toppers. The food has been good at all the places but the service and attitude at Toppers was terrible. I doubt if we will ever go back to Toppers ever again. We probably will go back to 3 Amigos next Tuesday, and it will be taco Tuesday with most tacos are $ 2 each.
The weather has been great and the traffic is bad in the usual places. Oient beach has been great with little or no sea weed.
We are on the island for 8 more days and hope the weather remains good. We probably will go back to the Greenhouse tonight as it is steak night.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip report - 12/06/2023 10:08 PM

Sounds like a good week so far. Glad the seaweed has been taking a break. Where are you staying? How is that?

Any pictures you can post?

Personally, i was distinctly unimpressed with Three Amigos, but I guess everyone's tastes are different.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Trip report - 12/07/2023 12:48 PM

Put Roma and Mr. Chow on your list in Maho plaza!!! Both are a culinary experience!! No, won't break the bank either!! HH from 5 to 7 at the bar/high tops only! Great food great staff!! Marco has it going on!!!
Posted By: Tim King

Re: Trip report - 12/07/2023 11:19 PM

You should try Fat Tony's on Steak Tuesday and the Spaghetti House right across the road.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Trip report - 12/08/2023 10:41 AM

I tried Fat Tony's for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's a one-and-done for me; I thought the steak was pretty bad.
Posted By: Seaisle

Re: Trip report - 12/08/2023 01:03 PM

Thanks for the report. We always had a great time at Toppers with good food, Pineapple Pete’s not so good, but each has there own preferences
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip report - 12/08/2023 01:57 PM

Linda--the steak is definitely NOT a high quality steak. I definitely enjoyed the steel drum music though. Their other food, which is straight bar food, is much better, in my opinion.

Seaisle--yes, everyone has their own preferences. I never liked Toppers and always found Pineapple Pete to be good, for what it is, not haute cuisine, but generally good food and good service.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline