TravelTalkOnline

Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club?

Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/08/2023 05:44 PM

I’m sure everyone who has been to the St Maarten Yacht Club has their favourite item to order off the menu. Mine is the coconut shrimp and a Caesar salad. Then, just sit and watch the boats come through the Simpson Bay Bridge.

Cheers,
Drphilsxm

Attached picture IMG_3995.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3996.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3994.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3997.jpeg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/08/2023 06:10 PM

Nice pictures! Last time I had the coconut shrimp there, it was a bit over-fried, if that is a word. But it is normally very good.
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/08/2023 06:36 PM

Nice pics, we love going there for breakfast and having their bloody caesars.
Posted By: pat

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/08/2023 09:46 PM

We do breakfasts there, too. My favorite is their Eggs Benedict but DH prefers his pancakes. And we both enjoy the fresh squeezed oj but made into a Mimosa for me, s’il vous plait!! 😊😊
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/08/2023 11:02 PM

Norwegian eggs for me, and a bloody Mary, of course.
Posted By: 320sycamore

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 02:18 AM

Love the Norwegian Eggs Benedict, where there is smoked salmon in place of ham
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 11:29 AM

The sauce is different too; I always felt the hollandaise on their bennies was bland.
Posted By: kim

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 02:22 PM

Ice cold Heineken Draft!! “Tall” 😂
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 04:44 PM

Bitterballen.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 06:21 PM

Bloody Mary with jumbo shrimp.
The grouper fingers which they have renamed to something else on the menu but that’s how I know them as.
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 06:31 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitterballen
Posted By: candu

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 09:53 PM

I prefer my homemade hollandaise because as they say “there's no place like home for the hollondaise”.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 10:44 PM

Probably no longer Grouper.
Posted By: bobbarb

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/09/2023 10:49 PM

I like the special when you get 3 appetizers for $30. I get fish fingers (grouper fingers),coconut shrimp and carpaccio. That is my favorite meal there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/10/2023 12:36 AM

candu--Yes, thanks!! Funny!!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/10/2023 01:44 AM

"Probably no longer Grouper."

Pretty sure they changed the fish to Swai a few years ago.

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/10/2023 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
"Probably no longer Grouper."

Pretty sure they changed the fish to Swai a few years ago.

I know Lee's did with their snapper. I'm using Chrome on my tablet. Go figure.
Posted By: bobbarb

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/11/2023 01:30 AM

In November the waitress said they were grouper and. They were the same I have had for past years.

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/11/2023 01:35 AM

That's good but also remember what they say who gets the added SC/tip.🤔
Posted By: MrTim-BTV

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/12/2023 02:35 PM

the sign says "Probably the best Bloody Mary on the Island" I would argue when you add in the staff, food, location and ambiance... they are the best in the world!!!!
this is a must for our crew 2-3 times a week, love to get there a little after 9AM, catch the bridge 9:30-10:30 & 11:30
I do prefer the Ultimate Bloody (or 2, or 3 or 4...), and the Cajun shrimp omelet or the Drunken pancakes, or sometimes the Breakfast combo.

For lunch or dinner I do the coconut shrimp, or chicken alfredo.

Now I am hungry, and in definite need of some beach time, a cool breeze, some cold drinks, and the hot sun. Until then, I will keep shoveling snow here in Vermont.

MrTim

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/12/2023 05:19 PM

A couple of years ago the SMYC had a competition during the Heineken Regatta with a prize going to whomever could correctly guess the number of Bloody Marys served before noon on one of the race days. I believe the amount was somewhere around 240!
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/12/2023 05:31 PM

Wow. Make that 242+ for this year because we'll be participating drinking

Re: Favourite item from the menu at the St Maarten yacht club? - 12/12/2023 07:38 PM

I'll be there again as well - I'm a volunteer and on the RC.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline