TravelTalkOnline

Huppel The Pub

Posted By: mgh

Huppel The Pub - 01/20/2024 05:41 PM

How is the food here (assuming they do serve food) and what kind do they offer?
Posted By: Todd

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/20/2024 07:44 PM

We were going there mostly for after dinner or pre dinner cocktails but did eat a bit there once and really liked it. I am pretty sure it was a pork sandwich, but it is listed in Dutch and I didn't ask many questions other than "what should I try". Not a big menu, will have to try more items next trip. I hear they are doing breakfast now as well.

The staff is fantastic, we probably stopped there as much as any other place on island this last trip. Back in 50 days and certainly will spend some evenings there.
Posted By: Nowhatched

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/21/2024 01:29 PM

Great staff usually means great owners, it’s owned by Chris formally of Mary’s Boon and SMYC and Monique. They certainly know their stuff.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/21/2024 01:45 PM

Chris and Moos work and manage it, but do not own it.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/22/2024 06:34 AM

Who are the owners now, Elaine?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/22/2024 12:12 PM

Sorry, don't remember their names. Dutch gentlemen.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/22/2024 03:56 PM

I had thought it was Chris and a partner that owned it but was told differently and that Chris just runs it, along with the famous Monique. I really like those two, the best of the best and I love seeing them live life. I have seen a couple other people working there as well, I highly suggest to anybody to take the time to stop by for a cocktail and their music nights. It is nice that you can sit at the bar, a high top table in the bar area or even sit outside and still be part of the party.
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/25/2024 12:13 PM

The owner's name is Koen and yes, it is pronounced just like the animal.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/26/2024 08:20 AM

I dropped in few days ago. Got a nice greeting from Chris and Monique. A Dutch league soccer game was going on so there was a good crowd. A lot of SMYC regulars there too. Fun atmosphere. Didn’t try the food from their limited Dutch menu. Will next time.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/31/2024 03:44 PM

Is Huppel the Pub and The Pub two different places, or do some just call Huppel the Pub...the Pub? Have not been there but on next visit def want to check it out.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/31/2024 03:47 PM

It is the new name for the original The Pub. Name was changed by new owners. Still the same location in the Simpson Bay Yacht Club.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/31/2024 03:49 PM

Thank you! I thought that, but wasnt sure.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/31/2024 05:49 PM

I asked Chris about the name and it kind of means Hop to the Pub or Hopping Pub. He said it doesn’t really translate that well and makes more sense in the original Dutch.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Huppel The Pub - 01/31/2024 06:09 PM

Tim--OK, I wondered about it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline