TravelTalkOnline

Pro Tips for departure

Posted By: taraavo

Pro Tips for departure - 01/28/2024 07:35 AM

Probably the delirium of a long travel day, but just wanted to note (and I find this comical) when grabbing the iconic orange tube of Pringle’s in the departure area in SXM, be aware they are not cheese flavored. They are paprika flavored. If time allows I highly suggest a solid, good meal before hitting the airport to go home. And - I know Saturdays are kind of the worst for travel but today was no bueno with the mass of people , the heat, and the lines in the limited number of open concessions. We got there plenty early and all was well in the end.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/28/2024 11:42 AM

I always try to take one or two of those baguettes sandwiches you find at the local markets (Maho, etc) just in case.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/28/2024 02:00 PM

Sounds like one probably should eat before or as Tim said, at least pick up something and bring with you to the airport. Could you tell if more concessions would be opening soon?

Thanks for all your reports. I guess it's back to the winter there now for you.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/28/2024 02:42 PM

Thanks for all your reports and pictures. Enjoyed them all.
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/28/2024 03:21 PM

Agree with Whale Tail - thanks for your reports. I would never have guessed paprika

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/28/2024 05:42 PM

Thanks guys. I have a few more things to share on the remainder of our trip.
Luckily we ate a late lunch at Bikini before heading to the airport. I certainly hope there’s more coming in the way of concessions.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/29/2024 01:17 AM

I've been cruising and not keeping up with TTOL. However, I have just read all your reports and, as usual, found them charming and informative. Have added L'Escale to my list based on your review. Thank you for all your reports!

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/29/2024 12:49 PM

Thank you Jazzgal. I think you will really enjoy L'Escale. I hope to go back for lunch next trip.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Pro Tips for departure - 01/29/2024 03:28 PM

Did you check luggage returning? And how long prior to departure did you arrive?

I agree, we hit either Sunset or Adele et Gabrielle for food before heading into PJIA.

Enjoyed your reports this trip!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline