TravelTalkOnline

Wasted money!,

Posted By: DannynGinger

Wasted money!, - 02/08/2024 04:40 PM

Would hate to be on a cruise and spend money to go to Sunset beach.
Cruise ship people should not even send people there with the condition that the beach is in.
Crowd of people just standing on the wall and water not even safe to swim in.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/08/2024 05:01 PM

Not many people standing out there at the moment, since it's raining.

BTW, it appears that the sand is coming back some. Yesterday it was ALL rocks, all the way to Royal Islander and there is some sand now, down by that end.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/08/2024 05:11 PM

I'm not sure if there is more sand or not from yesterday. I think the waves just covered what I see of the sand down by RI.
On another note, I'm watching on the beach cam and I saw a young kid walking right next to the sand cliff. If that sand let go, he would have fallen down into the surf and against the rocks. Parents watch your kids!
Posted By: Teresasxm

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/08/2024 05:28 PM

I once saved a young family and two children (baby, toddler plus a stroller) who were down at the water's edge right behind the Air France 747 (yes, they used to fly 747s) just as it was lining up to take off. They would have been blown right into the waves had they not moved. I still get chills thinking about it...

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/08/2024 05:58 PM

No, one could actually see rocks all the way down yesterday.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/08/2024 06:57 PM

For reference, here's the screenshot from the Sunset camera yesterday afternoon.

Attached picture screenshot_1707335481735.jpg

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/08/2024 07:29 PM

dvesc--right. It's not much today, but definitely more sand than yesterday. And I suspect that one area where the sand is today, the water may come up over the road at some point.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/09/2024 12:34 AM

Hello Carol that only happens on the tide of the waves it's never just one, two , three and happens.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/09/2024 11:13 AM

Three ships in today and not much better sand for chairs!!! http://sunsetsxm.com/plane-info/

Re: Wasted money!, - 02/09/2024 02:01 PM

Not much better sand at all, but at least one can get in the water in that one area now.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline