TravelTalkOnline

Restaurant recs

Posted By: Msie2005

Restaurant recs - 02/12/2024 05:35 AM

Hi!
Looking for a late night dinner recommendation for two couples! Where would you suggest?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Restaurant recs - 02/12/2024 02:10 PM

What's your definition of "late night"? French or Dutch side? What kind of cuisine?
Posted By: Msie2005

Re: Restaurant recs - 02/13/2024 05:12 AM

Dinner around 8, either side, any cuisine
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Restaurant recs - 02/13/2024 11:34 AM

Actually, almost every place is open late but you should make rsvp. Where are you staying? Perhaps conceriege could make rsvp for you if you don't have capability.

We arrive late March 9th and already have rsvp for several night's dinners. Done via email or hone.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Restaurant recs - 02/13/2024 12:08 PM

What kind of diners are you.
Foodies?
I would eat on the side of the island you are staying on for safety (no problems for us) and drinking.
While we enjoy all the island's restaurants from down and dirty to top of the line, my recommendations are as followed.

French side Le Pressoir in Grand Case (menu is different than traditional island menus) quality ingredients, husband / wife service team, beautiful atmosphere
and yes a bit more pricey but worth the splurge.
If food is your thing, the 7 course prix fix is a wonderful culinary adventure

On the Dutch side our favorites include Mario's Bistrot in Cupecoy, Jai's Contemporary Indian in Simpson Bay (although lacking atmosphere) and Emilios which is a beautiful restaurant

If food isn't your thing, there are hundreds of places to enjoy a meal
Posted By: Todd

Re: Restaurant recs - 02/13/2024 01:59 PM

If you're that picky and defined on what you want I suggest Burger King, whoppers all around!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Restaurant recs - 02/13/2024 03:13 PM

I agree with mahokid. Two great choices; especially Mario's. But Mario's has few tables so make a reservation.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline