TravelTalkOnline

Places to go for a run/jog?

Posted By: Finally

Places to go for a run/jog? - 02/15/2024 03:37 PM

We ran back and forth over the causeway bridge last year, which was fine but curious if any other runners on the forum have a suggestion for an early morning running spot?

We will be at RI La Plage and will have a car.

Thanks!
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Places to go for a run/jog? - 02/15/2024 10:57 PM

If you're up to go to Marigot, you can park in the lot in Galisbay, and you will find a lot of early morning walkers and runners who run from that lot along the path, out to the pier and back.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Places to go for a run/jog? - 02/15/2024 11:50 PM

If you're at La Plage, why not run the golf course? If you're early (before the golfers) no one will bother you . I walked the course most mornings last month when I was there - but got an early start - 7:30
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Places to go for a run/jog? - 02/16/2024 06:07 AM

Yes the golf course is a good place to run. There is an old road by the first and second hole that takes you out to Point Pirouette where you turn around and come back. Then you can run along the side of the course up to the medical school and do a loop there coming back onto the main road. The golf course asks that you run on the edge of the course by the road but I wouldn’t recommend running in the road because the drivers can be challenging. You can return through Maho taking the road into Beacon Hill all the way to Beachside Villas and back. Again watch out for crazy drivers. I met a runner doing Boston Marathon training around there doing 20 mile runs. An early start is recommended and give golfers the right of way since they are paying a lot of money to play on the course.
Posted By: kim

Re: Places to go for a run/jog? - 02/16/2024 01:17 PM

Left out of RI. Up to the medical school, arojnd and down to Porto Cupecoy, up to Danys - grab a beer! Then walk/run the trails in the open land then back out at Ocean Club and back to RI via Mullet Bay. Just do it before golfers are out - and yes they do get many - especially Thursdays. I see many running to the border and back - big hill! I don’t run! But have made the walk to Porto Cupecoy and back. And to the Causeway and back.
Posted By: Finally

Re: Places to go for a run/jog? - 02/16/2024 08:15 PM

This is really great stuff everyone! Thank you very much for the input. All great ideas and golf course does make sense early and not on the main road. smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline