TravelTalkOnline

Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets

Posted By: KitKat

Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/17/2024 08:41 PM

Has anyone ever found these recently in any St. Maarten grocery store. Up until last year we would bring the ones we purchased in our local grocery stores in Michigan. Now no one in our town seems to carry them. They save bringing coffee filters, as our time share doesn't provide them.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/17/2024 09:45 PM

When in dire need an unscented paper towel works good.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 12:29 AM

KitKat--For a week stay, (or longer) just put the required amount of filters in a gallon sized ziplock baggie and smash flat. Takes up ZERO luggage space.

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
KitKat--For a week stay, (or longer) just put the required amount of filters in a gallon sized ziplock baggie and smash flat. Takes up ZERO luggage space.

No weight to.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 11:36 AM

I'm not totally sure I understand, do you have access to a regular drip coffee maker?

Very easy to purchase the filters (plus they are like $3) and ground coffee in SXM or bring your own filters from home.

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 01:12 PM

Thank you. We have a Keurig at home, and hated to buy a package of filters and a can of coffee from which we only use 2 weeks worth. So the filter packets were perfect for the past 29 years. We did see them one year at the little store in Porto Cupecoy, but didn't need them then, but never saw them at the Carrefour Market where we usually shop. So this year we buy filters and coffee. Not a big deal, it was just more convenient with the packets.
Posted By: kim

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 01:35 PM

Amazon has all sorts. But seriously filters are cheap and try some of the coffee they sell - West Indies brand is delicious. Or Douwe Edberts. My stomach can’t handle MH!

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 02:58 PM

We keep a single cup Keurig in our on island storage box and bring Kcups with us. Much better than drip pot coffee. They make a new travel size one that travels well in a suitcase.

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 03:03 PM

KitKat--You can buy one of those inserts for your Keurig that you put your own coffee in. Our current coffee maker isn't a Keurig brand. I think it's an Insta Pot? It is MUCH faster than a Keurig, and it actually came with the insert to put your own coffee in. I can't remember the name of it, but we buy a brand of coffee on island that we can't get at home. It is very tasty.

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 03:06 PM

The single cup we have on island came with the insert too.
Posted By: kim

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 03:17 PM

But their Keurig is at home. Not with them on the island - which is why they were looking for filter pods and not filters and coffee.

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 03:23 PM

kim--My POINT is that she said that she didn't want to buy coffee that she can't use after she gets home. If she buys the insert for her coffee maker at home, then she can use the coffee at home. (And she can actually save money, over buying coffee pods all the time, if she is of a mind.)

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/18/2024 04:36 PM

I was given a suggestion to take a travel one with her. Not expensive and packs easily.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/19/2024 12:32 PM

KitKat, just looked at Amazon and they are there.

Re: Maxwell House Coffee Filter packets - 02/19/2024 02:33 PM

Leagle49 - Thank you, but I tried that and they could not get it delivered before we left, which is this Friday, 2/23. However, I checked again, and Walmart said they could deliver them this Wednesday, the 21st!!! So, again, thank you all for your suggestions. This is the greatest website for getting information and answers, so thank you Traveltalkonline!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline