TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report--Part 2

Posted By: cruzer

Trip Report--Part 2 - 02/18/2024 10:29 AM

We have now completed 5 nights here and I have gotten into my Groove, which is to keep my metabolic rate slightly about my sleeping rate. Mrs. C, on the other hand got to experience the Marigot ER because of a sudden spike in blood pressure that is now coming under control. Most importantly, you really need mapping software to get there (I used MAPS.ME) and when we got there I wondered if they were open or not. It was just a slow night, which I’m sure is a very good thing.

The two pictures are of Mrs. C checking in at the registration desk, and the other of their “waiting room”. The place was more or less deserted. She had 2 nurses and one doctor tend to her, doing blood work, and EKG, and a few other things, ruling our some possible causes but not finding out what really caused it. She’ll have to get checked out when we return home.

The place is an old building, but they had the beds, surgery center, and other facilities in different buildings that may be more modern. Still, the quality of care was excellent, and the all-in-one price of 350 Euros very reasonable. Our Medigap policy should pick up anything above a $250deductible. She asked the Doctor if she could drink on the meds she would be taking and he said something to the effect of “You’re on vacation, have a glass or two of wine a day”. Tres French.

Two main observations so far. The morning and evening colors in the sky are missing. Most of the clouds are just grey, not so much the intense reds, oranges and yellows of prior trips. I’m sure it’s seasonal. The restaurants are full and the service is slow. This is merely and observation and not a complaint. The amazing thing is, how a restaurant like Le Bistronome, with that tiny kitchen area can accommodate 4 employees sharing that space without incident.

The Marigot market vendors were dispersed yesterday around the perimeter and into the lolos while they were cleaning up the main area of the Carnival celebration effects of this past Tuesday. There weren’t all that many vendors there for being a high season Saturday.

We’re eating well. We filled out our 10th punch at Le Taitu, so next meal is free for one of us. I had the goat stew and Mrs. C had the pasta Bolognese. Thursday’s meals were at Sunset as we decided to stay on site for Mrs. C’s rest. Plus, it was Mussels night, from Ireland. Saturday’s lunch, after the market and a pick-up of Cremant at Le Gout du Vin, was Be Kool. I stuck with raw fish—swordfish carpaccio and salmon/wahoo tartar--and Mrs. C had mushroom risotto with shrimp. Excellent as usual.

And, amuse bouche seem to be becoming more prevalent. They’re all a foamy vegetable offering that I’m going to have to learn how to make.

The picture of the construction is what they are erecting at the previous Claude’s Mini Club.

Attached picture IMG_2256.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2271.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2285.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2300.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2304.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2305.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2306.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2307.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2308.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2312.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2250.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2251.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2253.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2255.jpg
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Trip Report--Part 2 - 02/18/2024 10:45 AM

Sorry to hear of your wife's emergency. Hope she is well. Brought back memories when you wrote she was attended to, tests taken and not finding out a cause. Hubby had same experience.

Was the place you went Fleming ER, sort of up in the hillside near a school?

Glad to hear someone else has experienced Be Kool restaurant. One of our favorite places. Your photos made me salivate.
Posted By: taraavo

Re: Trip Report--Part 2 - 02/18/2024 03:04 PM

Thanks for sharing, and I hope your wife remains in good health and spirits for the rest of your trip. Marigot restaurants are high on my list for the next trip. Looking forward to more of your reports.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report--Part 2 - 02/18/2024 03:15 PM

Thanks for the report and the pictures. Hope Mrs. C is ok.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Trip Report--Part 2 - 02/18/2024 04:28 PM

Sorry to hear about Mrs. C. Thanks for the report and pictures.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline