TravelTalkOnline

American Airlines connecting flights in Miami

Posted By: MickeysDog

American Airlines connecting flights in Miami - 02/29/2024 02:24 PM

My wife and I are traveling to St. Martin in June from Orlando. AA changed our flight time and reduced the connection time between flights to 50 minutes. Is this enough time to get from arrival flight to departure flight or should we book an earlier flight from Orlando? Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: American Airlines connecting flights in Miami - 02/29/2024 03:09 PM

Mickey--I assume you are talking about on the way down? ALLEGEDLY the Skytrain is supposed to be up by then. So if your original flight is on time, you should be ok.

However, did you check the time on your flight out of Miami? We just got an email today that our flight out of Miami in June is now about 20 minutes later than it was. Perhaps both flights changed times?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American Airlines connecting flights in Miami - 02/29/2024 04:06 PM

50 minutes should be enough. I've done it in less.
Posted By: Todd

Re: American Airlines connecting flights in Miami - 02/29/2024 06:27 PM

What is your option if you miss the flight from MIA to SXM? That is my first thought and so I then make my other flight plans based on that. I would rather be early and spend time at MIA then miss the flight. Note, probably not the last change your flights will see. I also have made it through MIA in less time, as well as other airports.

On the way home I don't sweat it as much if I miss a connector, but on the way down my island time is gold.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline