TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report Week 2

Posted By: Leagle49

Trip Report Week 2 - 03/10/2024 01:00 PM

Trip Report Week 2

Sand gravity took hold of us very quickly. Breakfast on the balcony. Lunch there as well. Dinners have been leftovers and big green salads.

One day we had an Iguana that walked right by us at the pool!

It was very windy Sunday and Monday but quieted down after that. Saba is back with great clarity. The picture doesn’t do it justice. We see iguanas in the tree next to our unit all the time, but this is the first time I’ve seen one walking around the pool deck.

Have had some gorgeous sunsets. Wed. even had a green flash. Much windier on Thursday. It’s been warmer than usual too and has seemed more humid. The last couple of days it was 86. The sun has been intense!

Saturday evening we had reservations at Bistrot Caribes. We left SBR around 5:30 and were at the restaurant by 6:15. No real traffic problems. Parked in the $5 lot. By 6:45 the restaurant was packed. Service was exemplary of course and the food! We began with the Hot Goat Cheese Salad with Duck Breast and the Endive Bleu Cheese Salad. Entrees were the Veal Scallopini gratineed with Bleu Cheese and the Filet Mignon. Both were outstanding. Ended the evening with ginger rum shots. Wonderful as always.
Sunday morning, Quiche Lorraine on the balcony. Doesn’t get any better than this! On to week 3.

Attached picture Breakfast.jpg
Attached picture Lunch.jpg
Attached picture Happy Hour.jpg
Attached picture Happy Hour 2 .jpg
Attached picture Bistrot.jpg
Attached picture Drinks.jpg
Attached picture Endive Salad.jpg
Attached picture Goat Cheese Salad.jpg
Attached picture Veal Scalopini.jpg
Attached picture Potatoes.jpg
Attached picture Filet.jpg
Attached picture Rum shots.jpg
Attached picture Sunset.jpg
Attached picture Sunset 2.jpg
Attached picture Iguana.jpg
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Trip Report Week 2 - 03/10/2024 01:05 PM

Sounds amazing - love the pictures. We saw that green flash too!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Trip Report Week 2 - 03/10/2024 01:09 PM

Good pictures!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report Week 2 - 03/10/2024 02:03 PM

Looks like a lovely week. Although I don't know that I could have that much perseverance, to go out so little! That dinner at Bistrot looks wonderful. Carry on!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline