TravelTalkOnline

4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE

Posted By: ruralcarrier

4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 10:42 AM

I have no idea what other airlines are telling their passengers but the ground services person who came on to our arriving Delta flight made the announcement that for our return flight to be at the airport 4 HOURS prior to our scheduled departure. As far as I know, the check in area is not staffed until 3 hours before scheduled departure. My friends who were on Delta also were given the same announcement when they arrived Sat.

A pretty sad statement on how the reconstruction is going and the inefficiency in which the airport is managed.
Posted By: kim

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 11:24 AM

They have been saying that for well over a year. It’s to cover their butts. I board at 1:05 on Friday - arriving at 11:30

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 11:27 AM

Hope it works out. Amazing what they do to try and cover for the incompetence. We need to catch up tonight or tomorrow.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 11:37 AM

JD--Maybe they are trying to time it so people get there before Dominos runs out of pizza! grin

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 12:19 PM

Could be!
Posted By: WorldWalker

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 12:33 PM

I flew back home yesterday, my Delta flight was delayed about an hour.

There was no running water at all anywhere in the airport. Toilets couldn't flush and you couldn't wash your hands.

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 12:57 PM

What a successful project the airport has been!!
Posted By: lcote

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 01:13 PM

So successful in fact, I bet the guy in charge is getting bonusses on a regular basis. Or if he isn't, he's giving them to himself.
Posted By: JohnB

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 02:09 PM

Yesterday we got to airport around 11:30 for a 1:30 takeoff we didn't encounter any problems airport wise. We did buy one of the worst sandwiches we ever had on the island. Supper dry roll with one piece of turkey and one of bacon along with a piece of lettuce. Purchased with a very small bag of chips and a Coke came to $ 18 cash only. They must have got their pricing from EWR. After we sat down I noticed that Bacchus was open a couple of gates down they had much better stuff through the years and a pretty good line of customers. Airport wise everything was working security line was small and the bathrooms had water. We pushed back on time but had an engine problem that they had to cycle them for about 50 minutes and off we went. United made up about 30 minutes of that in the air. The struggle is over!
Posted By: WorldWalker

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 02:23 PM

I got to the airport at around 1:30pm, after delays boarded around 4:30. I guess the water ran out in the afternoon.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by kim
They have been saying that for well over a year. It’s to cover their butts. I board at 1:05 on Friday - arriving at 11:30

Just keep in mind that for international flights if you are checking bags they require them to be checked 1 hour before scheduled boarding. If you're stuck in line you could miss that window.

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 04:09 PM

For other people, that's a good observation. Kim owns a place on island, so she doesn't check a bag.

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 04:10 PM

Worldwalker--Wow, NOT good.

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 04:13 PM

John--so I'm guessing the line where you bought your horrible sandwich was pretty short? grin Another reason to bring your lunch with you to the airport.

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by kim

Just keep in mind that for international flights if you are checking bags they require them to be checked 1 hour before scheduled boarding. If you're stuck in line you could miss that window.

Correct. But we are checking. But I have ‘Mosaic and already found out they do have the line for that to drop the bags. We shall see. Worse case I’m “stuck” here longer!!!

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 05:47 PM

Kim--OK, surprised you're checking bags, going home. That's what I get for piping up!! duh

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 06:22 PM

No worries. I have pictures in the same clothes for the last 6 years!!! Time to swap out 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Re: 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE - 03/12/2024 06:58 PM

Good on you, that you can wear the same clothes for 6 years! smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline