TravelTalkOnline

Causeway Jump Up Tonight

Posted By: Whale Tail

Causeway Jump Up Tonight - 03/16/2024 11:47 PM

Sitting at Pineapple Pete's tonight and Pierre came over with greetings. Then said he canceled tonight's music because of the Jump Up with speakers up to the sky and hopes to leave before it gets to here. It starts in Simpson Bay and goes over the causeway down Union Road and back to Simpson Bay. At first I thought great we'll walk down from SBR and watch but then I googled Causeway Jump Up and saw the police warnings about scooter drivers and warnings about public behavior. Doesn't sound good to me.
We will watch from the safety of our balcony.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Causeway Jump Up Tonight - 03/16/2024 11:58 PM

And the police, after giving those warnings, are still giving the go ahead with uncontrolled scooters. My o my.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Causeway Jump Up Tonight - 03/17/2024 10:20 AM

Missed it sad to say. Last one we saw was interesting but music too loud and pounding.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Causeway Jump Up Tonight - 03/17/2024 10:26 AM

I wondered what I heard last night.
Posted By: pat

Re: Causeway Jump Up Tonight - 03/17/2024 02:18 PM

We unknowingly got caught up in Jump-up one year. It was definitely NOT my thing but it was interesting, to say the least!
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Causeway Jump Up Tonight - 03/17/2024 03:15 PM

I ate at the Tap & Still last night and the jump-up was scheduled right when we finished, so we waited on the bridge for the procession to pass by. It was certainly busy and loud smile
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Causeway Jump Up Tonight - 03/17/2024 04:00 PM

Thanks for the pictures! Since I doubt I will see it ever, it's the next best thing! ..except of course for missing the LOUD music, which I actually am pretty OK with. smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline