TravelTalkOnline

Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch

Posted By: RonDon

Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/18/2024 07:34 PM

Ate lunch at Dingy ribs for me chicken for hubby2 cokes $39. Saw nothing on menu about service charge or tipping so we left $45 cash because power went out. Food was tasty. Returned to our unit power was still out so we went out on the lanai to catch some breeze.

About half hour later we both had stomach pains. Now we’re grateful for the unit having two bathrooms.

This is turning into the worst vacation!

Power back on.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/18/2024 08:23 PM

Which Dingy? there are two with a simular name. One on the Lagoon and other is on the beach. If you both have the problem then it was'nt the ribs or chicken but could have been the sides or a bug you both picked up.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/18/2024 08:58 PM

What , so sorry to hear this and we have good friends coming to stay there tomorrow .
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/18/2024 09:16 PM

Based upon the fact they are staying at BSV, I would guess Dinghy's Beach Bar and not the one on the lagoon but I may be incorrect. It is often a challenge to decipher some posts.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/18/2024 10:07 PM

Agreed must have been the sides or the sauce since both dishes were the same. Feeling a little better but no appetite and afraid to think about eating.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/18/2024 10:08 PM

Yes Dingy Beach Bar next to BSV
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/18/2024 10:50 PM

Sorry to hear this. Feel better soon!
I’m enjoying your posts!

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 10:06 AM

Thanks Jo. Yesterday wasted but I think it’s all “clear” now.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 10:30 AM

Hopefully whatever you do today is a better experience!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Which Dingy?.

First of all, it's Dinghy. A dinghy is a small boat; dingy means gloomy and drab.

Dinghy Dock is the restaurant on the lagoon. Dinghys Beach Bar is on Simpson Bay Beach, next to BSV.

I truly believe if people paid more attention to spelling, names, and grammar, posts would be easier to understand.

<Climbing down from my soapbox>
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 01:14 PM

Rosemary--It seems to me that perhaps the problem was at breakfast or earlier. I don't think that food poisoning comes on that fast. Regardless, glad you are feeling better today.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 02:58 PM

So I forgot the "h". I'm sure you have never done that before on a post. duh
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 03:50 PM

Scuba, my post quoted you, but you were quoting Ro, so I don't necessarily blame you for the error. My point is that place names are often misspelled, and it does add to the confusion. The rule lately seems to be to add an apostrophe s to a restaurant name. It's annoying, and inaccurate. And yes, I'm a grammar snob, and I'm not ashamed of that.
handshake

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 04:01 PM

OK, I have corrected the title of the original post, so let's move on.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
And yes, I'm a grammar snob, and I'm not ashamed of that.

As am I, and I appreciate Georgia's posts. It really doesn't take very long to reread your posts (directed to everyone and no one in particular) for accuracy before hitting Send. Accuracy is a virtue. typing

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 05:15 PM

Carol it came on quickly but long after breakfast so I think it was the sides. Breakfast was scrambled eggs and toast...unless Carrefore eggs were bad. Haven’t had more of the eggs yet until this morning for French toast.

As to grammar posting here I didn’t think it really mattered but I guess it does.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 05:29 PM

Just to be safe, I would check the date on those eggs, as sometimes the stores do have post dated items on the shelves.

Addressed to no one in particular--In a PERFECT world, everyone's posts would be perfectly correct. I agree that folks should take a look at their posts before you actually post them and attempt to post correct and factual information. Preview works great, usually. But we're not curing cancer here, guys. Give each other a break.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 05:41 PM

It's the incorrect use of:
There their there're and they're
Two to and too
Whether and weather
Were and where
And so on that happens all the time. Sometimes me included.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 05:52 PM

And, if one discovers it within the first hour or two, you can always edit your own post to correct your mistake.

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 05:57 PM

As I have done in numerous occasions.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Dinghy's Beach Bar Grill lunch - 03/19/2024 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Rosemary--It seems to me that perhaps the problem was at breakfast or earlier. I don't think that food poisoning comes on that fast. Regardless, glad you are feeling better today.

Sadly, I can confirm that sometimes food poisoning does come on that quickly. Such an unpleasant experience the both times it happened!

RonDon, I hope you all are on the mend now.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline