TravelTalkOnline

Julliettes

Posted By: Whale Tail

Julliettes - 03/23/2024 01:35 AM

Tonight we just walked over to Julliettes for their Friday night fondue special for 2 and a bottle of wine for $33. It was refreshing to have our server come to our table with the bill and explain to us that there was no service charge added to the bill and to tip as you see fit. Some businesses get it. We tipped just over 20%. Also lunch at Mark's Place today they added a 15% service charge.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Julliettes - 03/23/2024 02:29 AM

Would have been nicer if the server didn't say anything as you could have figured that out by looking at the bill yourself.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Julliettes - 03/23/2024 11:09 AM

Sounds like a good night. I have never been to Juliette's, other than to stop by and say hi to Kereen when she worked there. I was walking by one day (several years ago) and heard someone call my name, it was Kereen.

Mark's Place menu indicates a 15% addon but we have not personally experienced it. We are usually there with a local they know or they recognize us from past visits so they do not add it. I don't mind if it is added or not added and an explanation like you received is fine and honest. What I don't like is when the server gets into this "the owner takes some of the service charge and they only get 5%", that is not my problem and that is why I never ask.

Get that extra suitcase packed!!
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Julliettes - 03/23/2024 11:22 AM

Final packing will occur later today. There are plenty of suitcases available on Back St but what is impossible to find are the straps that go around the suitcase. So it's off to Ace Hardware today. They sell about 1 inch wide nylon strapping by the foot and the ends to put on to make your own strap.
We're off to Maho today to say goodbye to our friends there and one more Simpson Bay walk.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Julliettes - 03/23/2024 11:24 AM

Enjoy!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Julliettes - 03/23/2024 01:15 PM

We've never been there, as haven't stayed in that area for a while and it's hard to park there. Sounds like a good option for a light dinner.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Julliettes - 03/23/2024 02:33 PM

Safe Travels.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Julliettes - 03/23/2024 04:15 PM

It's walking distance from LA Vista, so often grab a pizza to go or stop in for lunch on stay at home days.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline