TravelTalkOnline

Bistrot Caraibes

Posted By: Leagle49

Bistrot Caraibes - 03/25/2024 12:00 PM

Saturday was Bistrot Carabies in Gran Case. Our friends Robin Valinda and Rozz joined us as did Jeannie and Stephen. Such good company!! Always so, so good. Appetizers were Endive Bleu Cheese Salad, Escargot, and Hot Goat Cheese Salad. Entrees included Filet Mignon, Sea Bass, Lobster Thermador, Stuffed Chicken Breast, and Seafood in Lobster Bisque. We shared the Molten Chocolate Cake. Cappuccinos and Ginger Rum Shots ended an absolutely wonderful evening.

Attached picture Gran Case.jpg
Attached picture Endive Salad.jpg
Attached picture Hot Goat Cheese Salad.jpg
Attached picture Escargot.jpg
Attached picture Stuffed Chicken.jpg
Attached picture Lobster Thermadore.jpg
Attached picture Filet.jpg
Attached picture Sea Bass.jpg
Attached picture Seafood in Lobster Bisque.jpg
Attached picture Molton Choc Cake.jpg
Attached picture cappuccino.jpg
Attached picture Gran Case.jpg
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/25/2024 12:14 PM

Looks really good! Sea bass seems to be making a comeback.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/25/2024 01:11 PM

Looks like a lovely evening, except for only one molten chocolate cake to share??? Too many people to share one dessert!! laugh
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/26/2024 11:29 AM

Carol, Oh no. There were two!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/26/2024 12:28 PM

OK, that's better! toast
Posted By: lina

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/27/2024 02:14 PM

OUR FAVORITE
Posted By: CJIMI

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/27/2024 09:58 PM

We had dinner there on March 20. I was disappointed. I had the garlic shrimp with pasta. Both the shrimp and the pasta were badly overcooked. And 7 euros for a 75 ml bottle of still water was just too much. We will not return.
Posted By: TJTrippe

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/28/2024 01:49 PM

Probably our favorite fancy restaurant on the planet and it all starts with the classy, warm welcome and followed by perfect, well presented food. The brothers are masters of the food universe.
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: Bistrot Caraibes - 03/28/2024 01:57 PM

We've always loved the restaurant too but were a little disappointed at our last visit in mid March. I had the scallops entree, which tasted fine but looked like it had sat for a while before it got served, probably because my husband had the lobster thermador. It was a Tuesday night, so they were packed due to the evening being the “Mardi” night, so I just figured the kitchen was overwhelmed. Not enough to complain to the staff, just surprised me a bit because it's always been so perfect in all our previous visits. We'd go back, just not on a Tuesday night.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline