TravelTalkOnline

Dish TV at BSV

Posted By: singbeach

Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 01:57 AM

Sucks, confusing...how to get Netflix? Omg! PITA!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 02:58 AM

Have someone at the front desk give you a tutorial.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 01:03 PM

Well, first of all it is not Dish, it's some kind of cable. Second, I don't think they have Netflix. There are some channels that show up on the directory that they don't pay for. Just like my TV at home.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 01:52 PM

I just bring my Amazon Stick and get almost all of the streaming networks that I watch at home, but, with that said, we rarely watch tv other than a playoff NFL game
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 08:02 PM

Carol it is Dish now--new set up, and there is Netflx but you have to already have an account and enter your info so YOU will be billed, I think.

Only problem we had was changing channels. The card left on the desk didn't agree. Each time you turn on TV you have to click on the little house icon at the top. Then squares of channel names appear. Once you use a channel it puts those up first, kind of like "favorites" then you have to click across/down to find channel you want.

Netflix and Youtube didn't work for us either. These appear as blocks to click on but you have to enter your info.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 09:01 PM

Ask Vicky he will help you.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 09:55 PM

Rosemary--OK, thanks for the info.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/27/2024 10:32 PM

Yes, ask Vikki. If you can't find him knock on the first door on right when you enter office.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/28/2024 01:29 AM

Vicky doesn't seem to be much help there. They really miss Emanuel around BSV. He was always so eager to help with anything you requested.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/28/2024 02:01 AM

There should be someone there that could help you out at the front desk.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/28/2024 12:56 PM

As I said just knock on the door inside office. I know he drives his kid to school and picks up so in-between he should be there. After all it IS his job!

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 12:18 AM

Left note fir Vicky...no response. Disappointed. Tried myself few times. DISAPPOINTED SHOULD BE DIRECTIONS!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 10:22 AM

That's NOT true!! Vicki is johnny on the spot when you need something! I didn't know you stayed at BSV???

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 12:34 PM

The last I knew, there was a TELEPHONE NUMBER for Vicky, printed on a piece of paper, right in the living room.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 07:15 PM

There is not a typical front desk at BSV.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 07:30 PM

I would think there has to be someone there to help her out. She's had a few suggestions.
Posted By: pat

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 07:51 PM

As I’ve said many times before, BSV is not for everyone. It’s NOT your typical hotel situation with a manned front desk 24/7 but it’s always got someone no more than a phone call away. I’ve never had any problems getting help when needed but that said, I’ve never needed much help and the times I did, usually Emanuel and lately Vikki were right there.
I’m sure our next visit will find me having tv issues as I was just finally figuring out the old system.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 08:07 PM

Again, Scuba, why do you care?? You are never going to stay there anyway. There is not a traditional front desk, as Elizabeth said. BSV is not for everyone, but I do not need any hand holding. Whenever I have had a problem, it has been swiftly resolved. Getting Netflix doesn't come close to being a problem for me, but other people have different priorities.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 08:30 PM

I care because OP asked a question and needs it resolved. Never say never as I could have friends looking for a place to stay and if Flamingo isn't available I like to know the options out there and the pros and cons.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 08:47 PM

Vickey is on it and holisay weekend! Tracy too. Got remote for Netflix...but now no abc, etc.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/29/2024 09:26 PM

Good for you.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 03/30/2024 11:05 AM

Actually, hubby just kept entering numbers and when he found any that interested him he wrote it down then when he wanted to watch he just entered that number. Worked fine. After a few times watching it showed "Favorites", blocks of channels came on when you clicked the Home icon when tv first comes on.

He's addicted to TCM which didn't appear on the list in room.

Actually there's a list of blocks telling when future stuff is on a channel and you can program to come on at that time.

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 04/01/2024 02:03 PM

Ch low #s 1 to 99 NOT THERE!

Re: Dish TV at BSV - 04/01/2024 02:03 PM

Talk to Vicky. This one is done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline