TravelTalkOnline

Anse Marcel Questions...

Posted By: lhbsurf

Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/15/2024 09:05 PM

Is there more than one spot to reserve chairs and have lunch on Anse Marcel? We are hoping to head there with friends next trip and would love to try it out, but I'm not sure I'm finding the right spot. Is it Anse Marcel Beach Resort? Would it be suitable for someone with mobility issues? He can get around with a cane, but I don't know how well he would do with a lot of stairs.

Thanks,
Laura
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/15/2024 09:19 PM

Only stairs are the ones from the parking/restaurant area to the beach.
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/15/2024 09:43 PM

As Scuba said,only a few stairs and parking is close. You would want reservations for chairs and lunch. It’s a splurge, but worth it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/15/2024 10:29 PM

lhbsurf--it is Anse Marcel Beach Club, not resort.
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/16/2024 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
lhbsurf--it is Anse Marcel Beach Club, not resort.

Ok.. Thank you!! Just wanted to be sure I was getting the right one!
Posted By: LuluG

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/16/2024 12:46 AM

On the topic of Anse Marcel for lunch. I cannot find anything on line regarding their menu. Can anyone give me info on dining there for lunch? Do you dine in a gazebo? Can you rent beach chairs and relax on the beach after lunch? Any info would be most appreciated. I’ve read it’s a wonderful experience. I’m new to this thread, btw:-)
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/16/2024 01:03 AM

2 chairs and umbrella is $30. Lunch is in a restaurant on beach with if I remember there are 3 gazebos next to the restaurant that usually need advance reservations. Not inexpensive but worth it.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/16/2024 11:19 AM

Like many of the better restaurants on the island, they change their menu based on what fresh ingredients are available, so finding one online might not help much. There are a few stairs from the beach into the restaurant, and vice-versa.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Anse Marcel Questions... - 04/16/2024 06:19 PM

I've never been able to find a menu on line, but the menu is upscale and excellent. Menu changes at least seasonally if not more frequently. There are about eight (or so) steps from restaurant to beach. There is a railing. Beach attendants are wonderful, and water is some of the calmest (usually) on the island. It's my favorite location for a beach day. You definitely want a reservation for chairs and lunch.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline